Is this the end?

(Pov switch back to Maleficent)

The next morning, as I woke up I found another feather in my cage. This one a dark brown, almost black. I knew it was one of my father's feathers, left by him to show that he had really been here with me last night. I braided it into my hair, despite the pain, next to my mother's feather. Dareah approached my cage as she saw me stir. "Where did that come from?" I tried to speak but no sound came out, so I just shrugged as carefully as I could. She nodded, "It's a long story, huh?" I nodded. She looked me over, concern on her face, "Henry will be here soon. He... will make you walk to the castle... despite what he did to you." I nodded, I had expected no less. "I have been tasked to "guard you". Or actually to keep you from attacking him." I felt relieved. At least I would have an ally by my side. "Henry sent out his message yesterday, after you passed out. I hope mine reached them before his did. I hope they might have taken precautions. It would be bad if they ha-" she stopped speaking mid-sentence and looked up as several shadows passed over us. I looked up too, ad what I saw was one of the most beautiful sights I had ever seen. A flock of Dark Fey was flying overhead towards the castle. The one at the front turned around and hovered in the air, flapping his wings vigorously to stay up. He looked down on us, me and Dareah. Even from a distance I could see that it was Borra. And even from a distance I could see that he was angry. "Well, it seems like they have taken precautions. Good," Dareah said softly.

Not long after, Henry came to fetch me, together with two extra guards. He didn't look too happy. "Sire," Dareah said as she stood up. "Guard." He addressed her coldly. "Bring her to me." Dareah nodded. She took the shackles the other guards offered me and shackled me after she entered my cage. Then she forcefully pulled me up and dragged me out of the cage. I groaned in pain and Dareah tried to be a little more careful. However, Henry took over and just like that things got worse. He dragged me with him to where his horse was being saddled. "Look, you witch. I do not know how you managed to inform your kind of... our presence at the castle today, but I do not appreciate it that you are once again working against me. I might just... torture you some more once this is all over and done." I tried to speak once again, and this time sound came out. My voice sounded soft and raspy as I spoke, "You seem awfully confident that you will win." "I have more men." "And are they loyal to you? Really loyal." "They're afraid of me." "That's a no. Have you never asked yourself what would happen if someone would move against you? Would they stay by your side if someone strikes you down?" He struck me in the face with his iron gauntlet. I had accomplished my goal, I had gotten under his skin, made him doubt his plan. "Quiet, you witch," he told me.

Every step I took towards the castle was both agonizing and a relief. It was agonizing because my body was broken in many painful ways. It was e relief because, the closer I got to the castle, the closer I got to the end of this. And the closer I got to my family. To Aurora and her unborn child, and even Philip. Dareah was on a horse beside me, silently catching me when I almost fell over. Henry didn't seem to notice that. He also didn't seem to notice the bird flying above her. The grey gyrfalcon, Dareah's friend, Vanna. Dareah seemed reassured by her presence. Which in turn reassured me, almost as much as having seen the Dark Fey fly over the camp this morning.

As we neared the castle I felt like we were being watched. I looked up at the trees, thinking I might see eyes. I wasn't wrong, there were eyes, but not where I expected them to be. For these trees weren't normal trees. They were border guards of the Moors. Why were they here? Had the Dark Fey asked them to come with them? Would there be any more fairies? Henry didn't seem to notice them. Or maybe he just didn't recognize them. Maybe he thought that they were just ordinary trees. Gods he was stupid.

The eyes of the Border Guards found me and followed me. And as they watched me I could feel the anger radiate off of them. This anger did seem to reach Henry, since he suddenly seemed to feel quite uncomfortable. "Stupid, ugly, old, gnarly trees," he mumbled. "What's wrong, Henry?" I asked. "Afraid of some trees?" He glared at me, "I thought I told you to be quiet." "Hmm." "Do you need me to strike you again?" I remained silent, at least till we reached the castle.