42

"I'm tired of doing this," Fallon huffed. "Can we just stop?"

Slade raises his brow. "I don't know. How much do you like living?"

Fallon shrugs. "Right now? Not at all."

Slade nods, lifting her up. "Alright. I'll put you out of your misery—"

"Hey, hey hey," Fallon speeds away.

Slade shrugs. "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

I set my hand on his shoulder. He turns around, wrapping his large arm around my waist, resting on my lower back, and pulling me against his chest.

"Take five," he grunts. "Hydrate and snack."

He leans in, pressing his lips to my neck. "Monika," he murmurs into my neck like a prayerful, his large hands rubbing my waist.

"Slade," I look into his eyes. He licks his lips, his tongue slipping into my mouth, as he pulls me up and against him, my toes off the floor.

My eyes close, as his tongue intertwines with my mine. My back arches, my breasts pushing against his strong chest.

"Slade," His name slips from my lips again, as I wrap my arms around his neck. "Your name is my happiness."

He pauses, his eyes shifting between mine. "Speak," he rasps, begging. "Tell me the words of your heart."

"Slade. That's the only word in my heart. Just your name. Your eyes. The way your fingers press into me. Your forehead against mine."

I pause. "I love you, Slade. You may be a god of war, but you're my peace."

He lets out a shuddered breath, laying me down on the cool ground, the sky above us in the courtyard roses surrounding us.

My dress lifts, he rips it off me. Waving his hand.

"A barrier," he murmurs a hurried explanation, his hands on my breasts his favorite thing, I'm not sure why.

His lips close around my nipples. His lips are soft and cool. His fingers stroke my entrance. His name leaves my lips again.

Slade's body is heavy on top of mine, a good heavy, keeping me grounded, safe, hidden away. His hands roam my body.

"I just want it," I whisper, "I want it inside, Slade. Put it inside I want —"

He pressed his lips against me harder, his tongue fastening with mine.

I feel him at my entrance. He doesn't bleed. Doesn't breathe. Doesn't eat. But this...this works.

He presses it against me, against my entrance. I used to be scared of it. Now I crave the burn, the stretch of him, the way my body conforms to him like I was made for him.

It aches in a good way, the fullness blinding. He presses my belly. Stroking it.

"There I am," his lips quirk up. "Your body is my true temple. Where I house my power and my affection. This building is not my home. You...are my home."

I shudder. "Fuck..."

He chuckles, biting my neck. I shiver, my eyes rolling back. My nails claw down his back. He pulls back, watching my face as he devours me, and takes me whole.

Under my lashes, I see his eyes, red, burning for me, his face flicking over my face, watching me, watching me crumble in his arms as he takes me to heaven.

A god, my husband, my happiness.

"Slade...I love you," I shudder, clenching around him, as my climax takes over my body.

"I love you," he swears, pressing his lips against mine once more. "I love you, Monika."

• • •

I open my eyes to Fallon sitting beside me. She lays next to me, blinking.

"You're up huh?" Fallon yawns. "Hey, thanks for screwing the old man so we could take a break we were beat."

I raise a brow. "Do you...genuinely think the reason I have sex with Slade is so you can take a break?"

She shrugged. I sigh.

"How old are you Fallon?"

"112." She says quietly.

"Have you ever...liked someone?"

Fallon looks at me. "Slade says humanity is below me. He says human men are the real version of imaginary devils, and to never listen to a word they say. That if I want something, I should be asking, not them."

I blink. Ah...that's just like Slade. Such cryptic advice I'm sure given at an age she'd not even be able to comprehend.

"But there was this village man...once," her cheeks redden as she looks away. "His name was Victor."

"I really...liked Victor," she whispered.

Slade walks through the door, his necklace against his chest, as he rubbed his hands together, with a frown.

"Victor," he grunted. "Who the hell is this?"

Fallon sits up. "Ah...Slade."

He crosses his arms, his muscles bulging, as he stared down at the two of them. "Victor?" He asks again. "A man?"

Fallon looks away. "Just a...ł

"Harmless crush," I finish.

Slade frowns. "Crush? You crushed him?"

Fallon purses her lips. Slade pats her head gently. "Good. Good for you."

"I liked him," she says softly.

Slade's face darkens. Fallon refuses to look at him. "Excuse me?"

"Slade," I warn.

His eyes peer down at her. "Who is this human? Where does he reside? Haven't I told you not to trust men? Bring him to me. Go and bring him to me. This instant —"

Fallon stands. "You're the worst Slade!"

"Ah!" He yells after her. "I...you get back here! Fallon!"

I lay back. "She's a grown-up. You can't treat her like a little girl."

"Men are animals. This victor person is not worthy of my child. She is a Demigoddess."

"Then will you let her marry a god then?" I put my face on my hand.

He glares at me. "Don't even suggest such nonsense."

"Then will you make her lonely for the rest of her life?"

Slade sighs. "Monika..." he lays next to me.

I smile. "I know."