02: The Letters

Harry was kept in the cupboard and Kerria was kept in the shed as part of their 'grounded'. Aunt Petunia did return the book that she took from Kerria.

Kerria was only let out a few times to go do some housework for their neighbours.

When she was pulling weeds out of a garden at No. 6, Dudley and Piers took turns trying to hit her with the remote control aeroplane, chanting something stupid like, "hit the witch! Hit the witch!" Kerria finally had enough and smashed it with her foot while glaring at them and yelled, "Your heads will be next!"

Luckily they didn't push their luck after that.

Once she was watering some shrubs for a neighbour and had watched Dudley knock Mrs Figg over when she was trying to cross Privet Drive on her crutches. Kerria had to run over and help the poor woman up. Mrs Figg started up a conversation with Kerria after that. Apparently she had tripped over one of her cats, which made her not like them as much.

One neighbour had bought biscuits and gave Kerria some lemonade when she did chores. She kept them in her messenger bag and split them with Harry in his cupboard.

When the summer holidays started, they kept out of the house by going to that park that was at Magnolia Crescent, since Dudley's friends, Piers, Dennis, Malcolm, and Gordon came by every day.

They sat on the swings.

"Do you think I'm a f-f-freak or a-a w-witch?" asked Kerria cringing at the word she used.

Harry shook his head, "No."

"Not even with those weird incidents and my freaky way of knowing things before they happen?" asked Kerria.

"Not even then. That just makes you special," said Harry. "I have weird incidents too; the recent being the boa constrictor."

Kerria sniggered at that. She really wished she was there to witness the pig in a wig fall into the tank.

"Is anything interesting going to happen?" asked Harry.

Kerria shrugged, "I'm not sure yet."

Sometimes she got dreams that were usually murky which got clearer the closer it was going to happen.

"The upside, I know that Dudley is going to a different school," said Kerria brightly. "We might be able to make a friend or two at Stonewall."

Harry nodded, "Hopefully. Let's hope that your freakishness doesn't scare them off."

Kerria smacked him on the arm as Harry laughed.

They sat on the swings while Kerria started pushing her swing back and forth.

"Maybe you can threaten them," said Harry.

"I don't think threatening people to be our friends will be a great idea," said Kerria.

"I meant threaten the Dursleys," said Harry. "I kind of want Dudley's storage room."

Dudley had a second bedroom that was basically where Dudley's toys went to die when he got bored of them or broke them.

"Okay, I'll see what I can do," said Kerria. "I guarantee nothing."

She really didn't like the idea of threatening the Dursleys, especially with the fact that they would likely haul them off to a detention centre for threatening them; especially with their freakishness. But...Uncle Vernon was terrified of her getting ideas...hopefully it would work.