03: Diagon Alley

Kerria tumbled out of the fireplace and feel right onto a stone floor. She really didn't want to use the fireplace travel system anymore.

Harry went to go help Kerria up.

"I hate the fireplace transportation," said Kerria.

"Me too," said Harry.

"You'll get used to it," said Professor McGonagall with a hint of a smile.

"I'm not entirely sure how the Dursleys will feel if we used the fireplace like how we just did," said Kerria.

Harry looked dejected at the mention of the Dursleys. They didn't even know where the twins were at. Kerria knew that they also didn't care at all. Sometimes it was a miracle that she would wake up in her aunt's home. Sometimes she wondered why her aunt even took care of them if she obviously didn't want them there.

They walked into a dining portion of what looked to be a restaurant.

"This is the Leaky Cauldron," said Professor McGonagall.

"Hello, Professor," greeted a toothless man. He was standing behind the counter. "Got a couple of Muggle-borns?"

"No, Tom," said Professor McGonagall. "We best be on our way." She started ushering them to the back of the pub.

"What's a Muggle-born?" asked Harry.

"A Muggle-born is a person born with magic in a magic-less family," explained Professor McGonagall.

"Are we Muggle-borns?" asked Kerria.

"No, Miss Potter," said Professor McGonagall. "Your father was a Pureblood, a family that comes from a long line of witches and wizards." Kerria flinched at the term which Professor McGonagall caught. "Your mother was a Muggle-born, she and your father got married and had you two, so you and Harry are half-bloods. A half-blood is a person that came from either a Muggle-born or Muggle and a wizard or witch, or when two Muggle-borns have children."

"Sounds confusing," said Kerria.

"I'm sure you'll get used to the terms soon, Miss Potter," said Professor McGonagall.

"Kerria is fine, Professor," said Kerria.

"I assure you, Miss Potter, that if I call you by anything else other than that, it is extremely unprofessional," said Professor McGonagall.

"Okay," replied Kerria.

"Where are we going first?" asked Harry as they got to a walled courtyard where a rubbish bin was at.

"First, we should get to your parents' vault," said Professor McGonagall tapped the wall with her wand. "Stand back."

They stepped back.

The brick started wiggling and a small hole appeared. The hole grew wide and wider into an archway that was big enough for a giant.

Harry and Kerria's mouths dropped open at the sight.

Professor McGonagall smiled at them. "This is Diagon Alley."

Kerria took Harry's hand and gave it a squeeze. She said, "Happy early birthday, Harry."

"Happy early birthday, Kerry," replied Harry.

They let go of each other's hands and stepped out into Diagon Alley. They walked down and past shops that sold cauldrons, an apothecary, an owl emporium, a shop that sold broomsticks and Quidditch supplies.