06: Amelia & Susan

"Thank you for taking us in, Mrs Bones," said Kerria.

"I'm not married, I prefer Madam Bones," said Amelia. "You can call me Amelia or Madam Bones if Amelia is too personal for you both."

"Thank you, Madam Bones," said Kerria.

The living room looked comfy with a sofa done up in yellow and burnished oak furniture.

A red-haired girl with her hair in a braid was sitting in a chair. She looked like she had dressed nicely.

"This is my niece, Susan," said Amelia.

Susan stood up and held out her hand to Harry. "Hello."

Harry awkwardly shook it, "Hi."

Susan held out her hand to Kerria, "Hello."

Kerria shook it, "Hello."

"I'll show you to your rooms," Susan said. "Auntie has to get ready to get back to the Department. I hope you both don't mind."

"We don't," replied Harry.

"Wait, rooms?" asked Kerria.

Susan nodded, "Yes, Auntie thought it would be best if you room with me while Harry has a room to himself. It used to be a guest room."

"That's fine," said Harry. "At least I don't have to hear Kerry snore anymore." He grinned at Kerria.

Kerria smacked Harry's arm as he laughed, "I don't snore."

Harry went into the guest with his owl and his trunk. He closed the door behind him.

Susan went to the room next to Harry's and opened the door. "I'm sorry, but you have to room with me."

"It's okay," replied Kerria. "I've roomed with Harry, so I'm used to it."

"You get the bunk-bed to yourself though," said Susan.

"Misty can have the top bunk," said Kerria.

They walked in Susan's room. Susan's bed was an in corner, with a yellow-and-black quilt on it and what looked like a team name on it. There was a moving picture of a family holding a baby on the nightstand next to Susan's bed. Kerria looked away from the picture to look at a train set.

The train was more of a scarlet red steam engine that was actually puffing out steam as it moved on train-tracks to a mountain that had a castle on top of it. She watched as it circled the mountain and went back to where it started, before it went around the mountain again.

Kerria vaguely remembered wanting a train set when she was younger, but she had nowhere to put it and her relatives wouldn't buy her one anyway. Her aunt and uncle bought Dudley one just to rub it in. In a way, she still wanted a train set.

"Is that supposed to be Hogwarts?" asked Kerria looking at the castle.

"Yes," said Susan. "My parents—" She sounded a little choked up.

"Its okay, Susan," replied Kerria. "You don't have to tell a stranger your backstory."

It was too personal to ask and she was a stranger anyway. She set the cages down and opened up Misty's cage. Misty got out of the cage and jumped onto the bottom bunk, curling up to sleep.

Kerria opened Herman's cage to let him out and the owl perched himself on the side of the top bunk. Herman looked around as if taking interest in his new home. Kerria climbed up to the top to ruffle Herman's feathers.