FOURTEEN

Harry Potter had everyone fooled when he was younger acting more like Lily but as he grew into himself the resemblance of his father shone through, not just in his looks but the personality too, the way he loved and made mindless mistakes

The large group arrived at the beach and everyone immediately set up beach towels and took off covers to reveal brand new bathing suits for the blooming summer. But two people hid, two people pretended not to exist.

Remus Lupin went for a walk, his mind racing with thoughts as he thought about being like everyone else and the thought of taking off his shirt but showing his scars, that scared him more than dying. Lyndy had noticed, her and Sirius always being the only two to realize the other man who seems to stay in the back. The young girl ran after her dad, reaching out for his hand and walking beside him.

"How come you left?"

"Needed air."

"We're outside?" She looked up furrowing her brows as she did, all the while giving him a questioning glare.

"I know kiddo but I needed a moment alone with the air."

"Oh, do you want me to go?"

Remus looked down at the girl and bent down lifting her up and holding her on one side, with one arm. Lyndy got comfortable wrapping an arm around his neck and resting her head on top of his. This seemed like the most normal thing in the world, more comfortable than anything else at the moment.

Sirius's eyes widened as he noticed his missing family, his eyes glancing in every direction until he spotted the two and the way Remus stepped in the water and Lyndy pulled her feet up higher even if they were still far from the surface.

"Where's Lyndy?" Neville asked looking around.

"She's with her dad right now guys and we ought to give 'em a moment." James answered for a blubbering Frank who hadn't known what to say to the abundance of children.

The two spent a good amount of time together before they came rushing over, Remus winning the race which made Lyndy growl in annoyance, "when my legs are longer, I'll beat you."

"I beat you will sweat pea."

"Lyndy, come on, there's too many boys without you." Ginny says grabbing the girls hand and pulling her to the water.

"Sunscreen!" Sirius yells after his daughter to come back.

"Suck it!"

The man nods his head dropping the sunscreen back in the bag while shouting, "if you get skin cancer it's your own fault."

"Seriously dad, no one gives a shit!"

Harry Potter swam next to the golden blond girl, "hello," he spoke cheerfully, a wide grin plastered on his lips.

"Goodbye."

"Please, Lyndy one shot?"

"No Harry, I'm sorry I just don't like you and we are way too young."

"We're ten, and my dad says he fell in love with my mum when he was eleven."

"We aren't your parents Potter. I'm going to go swim with Ginny, I'm sorry."

This short conversation seemed to break the ten year olds ego for the thirteenth time, Neville had counted all the failed attempts telling him it's okay he kept failing and it's okay to give up. That he could try again when they were older.

If he was sensible he would have listened but he's James Potter's replica and bad ideas seem to come naturally to him.

"You boys are like my  marauders right?" Harry asked Ron and Neville who looked at him perplexed both tilting their heads to the side.

"Sure." Ron said shrugging his shoulders. Neville followed suit nodding his head.

"Great, that means your going to help me prank Lyndy."

"Oo I don't know if that the best idea their mate, she's scary that one." Neville shivered thinking about the sleepover they had the previous night and how she guilt tripped him into giving her the last chocolate chip cookie.

"Are you my marauder Nev? Are are you on her side? You can't be on both."

Neville looked at the two boys not knowing what he should do but inevitably he had always wanted to be one of the boys, he didn't want to be made fun of for only being friends with girls. So the boy reluctantly followed the others. Ron didn't really seem to process what was going on simply just playing follow the leader. And Harry he was hurt, his heart feeling broken into a million pieces as he faced another rejection.

The three boys had stolen Lily's wand and summoned a tub of glue changing it for the lotion sunscreen. And of course, Lyndy went to use it finally appeasing her father who kept badgering her, the small girls face scrunching up at the sticky feeling only to her hands be glued to her eyes meaning she was unable to see.

The boys laughed harder than ever before the girl staring to panic and going into a full on frenzy. They thought it was a regular response for not being able to see but when she started to hyperventilate and their mother shot them death glares clearly saying they would talk later they stopped talking and stayed silent.

A flash of hurt displayed on her face when her eyes opened again, her breathing evening. Neville instantly went to apologize, his guilt making him nauseous. Harry froze to his spot not knowing why this prank had gone worse than he originally believed, he just thought she would have sand glued to her body, not that she would go and sunscreen her eyes shut. Even Ron felt guilty the boy kicking sand and looking only at his hurried feet.

The girls hurt expression subsided and changed to anger, her eyes going black, "don't talk to me, I never want to see any of you again, I hate you!"

"Lyndy!" Remus tried to reason with her, the girl turning to her dads and explained why this would never be forgiven, why her eyes being closed caused the girls memories to come back, ones she had spent years getting rid of, "no, when my parents where killed, a blind fold was put over my eyes, I heard them die and it was the most scared I'd ever been, they brought it back and I will never forgive them. I will hate them forever."

And little did any of them know, Lyndy Lupin-Black held grudges for forever.

Thank you so much for reading this chapter and I hope you all liked it! Six more chapters until the school years which I'm very excited for and I picked out my face claim for teen/adult Lyndy; Jenny Boyd. Thoughts?