TWENTY FOUR

WARNINGS: mentions of suicide and fire

The young girl opened her eyes squinting when a bright light shone in them

The young girl opened her eyes squinting when a bright light shone in them. She pushed herself up going onto her knees as she took on the surroundings. Where the fuck am I? She asked herself, felling the wet sand scrape against her bare legs, the sound of waves washing right in front of her, clearly the reason her hair was drenched and the salty smell and taste.

Lyndy pushed herself onto her feet remembering the beach. She had spent days on end here with her fathers and her family. She remembered running into the water with Ginny, rejecting Harry time and time again, holding Nevilles hand when he was too scared to go in the water. The beach was her favourite spot, it was her happiest memory.

She walked forward, touching the cold water and feeling the sand beneath her fingers. She took a deep breathe, closing her eyes and for the first time there was no deafening silence or loud screams. There was just the sound of waves washing up on shore and going back out.

And as much as she wanted to stay on the beach forever she knew she couldn't, nor did she really want to. She wanted to see her dads. Lyndy walked to the curb, sitting down on it and pulling her body in close as she rested her head on her knees.

The sun soon fell, the moon and stars coming out in full as darkness took over and as she expected the knight bus sped up to her stoping and allowing her on.

"Where you headed?" The young man asked, pushing the middle of his glasses up his face as he did.

"Lupin-Black cottage please."

"For sure," he nodded and the bus took off the girl quickly falling onto one of the beds and curling up on her side as it moved from left to right. Only there was another stop, one she wasn't expecting but when it happened she felt her heart sink and bile rise in her throat.

Two people got on, her mother and her brother. Lori Tisdale was a mystery, she never spoke unless spoken too and always did as her husband had told her out of fear. Lyndy had memories of her screams at night, how they would be filled of pain and pleas but her mother never did anything to scare her, she was kind. Lyndy only hated her because she was a part of the reason she couldn't go back to her true home.

The women sat her son beside her daughter and kneeled down to look at them. "You bot are so brave, so kind, and neither one of you deserves this life. When I was a young girl my father used to say women don't need an education, they need to be married and have many heirs. I was married off to your father when I was fifteen and he was eighteen, I didn't have a choice and I wasn't as brave as either of you. I was a coward and I've been one for far too long. I love you both so much, and I'm so sorry that I disrupted your lives like this. You both deserve the world, and for once, even as it is too late, I hope I'm giving you a little bit of it."

Ben looked shocked at the women, she had always cared for him, kissing his scars and scratches when he fell, always doing her best to make him feel loved when his father made him be a failure. "What about you?" He asked.

"Oh, my sweet boy, you may be in a house full with evil but you are nothing but good," she kissed his forehead pulling away and answering his question, "I was supposed to be dead a long time ago, both your father and I will. And now we will be."

"What does that mean?" Lyndy asked.

"I mean when the headlines are out in the morning they won't be perfect and they're going to say a lot of things but just now that I love you, that this is what was meant to happen. I may be your blood and I hope that I will always be your mother. But Remus and Sirius; they were always meant to be your dads, never William."

Lyndy bent down, sliding off the bed and hugging her mother, followed by Ben. "I love you too," Lyndy said followed by Ben saying, "me too, I love you too mom."

The women pulled out her wand whispering her last I love you and kissing their heads before vanishing, doing exactly what she had extended to do — what she should have done all those years ago.

Ben pushed himself off the floor pulling Lyndy up, the two sitting on the bed, "I know what she's doing, she's setting a fire to the house, killing father, killing herself. She signed her rights away to us and gave them to Remus and Sirius, I saw the documents."

"I feel bad for hating her."

"Mum may of not been all bad but she was certainly not perfect."

Lyndy nodded resting her head on her brothers shoulder, a thirteen and fifteen year old who had the most messed up, confusing and adventurous lives but soon, just maybe, they could have a moment of quiet, a moment of peace.

I had a really hard time writing this and that's why it took me so long but anyways I hoped you enjoyed this chapter, I know I said this one would be Lyndy reuniting with Sirius and Remus but it didn't feel right. Ben had too be there, he deserved so much better and now we're going to get to seem him blossom just like Lyndy.

Also what do we think about Ben and Fred becoming a couple? Because I'm thinking yes. Or maybe Ben and George? I'm not completely sure yet.