25

Night had fallen as the group of four approached the Eden Club. Juliet was wearing a blood-red flapper dress, matched with a headpiece and feather boa. The dress had been specially tailored for her according to the instructions of Tommy. With the deep red silk and her dark hair, she looked like a poppy that had grown on Flanders Fields.

"This dress is beautiful," Juliet says to Tommy, her arm looped through his.

"It pales in comparison to you darling," Tommy says.

They approach the door and the bouncer allowed Juliet through.

"She's got a good set of tits"

"He knows beauty when he sees it," Juliet says with a grin before she walks into the club.

Tommy sighs loudly before handing the bouncer a wad of notes.

"Much obliged" Arthur says as Tommy knocks shoulders with the bouncer.

"Now, now Tommy," Juliet says. "No need to be petty"

Once inside, it was as if they had entered a whole new universe. They had all seen some things in their lifetime but nothing equalled the scenes in front of them. Cocaine being openly snorted, a young drugged up couple having sex and two men kissing each other against the wall.

"It's a fucking freak show," Arthur says.

"The best one I've been to," Juliet says.

Tommy gently takes the boa from Juliet's neck, revealing the daring neckline of the dress.

"I'm going to go to the bar darling," Tommy says. "I'll be back in a second"

"Jules, you look fucking- I don't even have words," John says and Juliet grins.

"You look too good for Tommy," Arthur concludes and John nods.

A man harshly knocks Tommy's shoulder as he moves to sit with his brothers and Juliet, a large bottle in his hand.

"You know what?" Tommy says. "I'm sure most people here are expecting me to cut you. But I'm coming from a place of love tonight and you have my girlfriend here to thank for that"

Tommy is cut off by a fist connecting with the man's face, sending him sprawling to the ground.

"Tommy may be feeling the love tonight but I've been wanting to knock you straight on your arse since I got here," Juliet says, getting to her feet as Sabini's men stand up.

"PEAKY SCUM!"

A bottle is launched at them, smashing into a million shards spraying at everyone in the vicinity.

"RIGHT!" Tommy shouts, throwing a punch that spurs his brothers and Juliet into action.

Juliet kicks one of the men between the legs and whilst he's hunched over, she grabs him by a fistful of his hair and slams his head against the table twice before pushing him to the floor.

Juliet grabs an empty beer bottle from the table and smashes it, holding it firmly in her grip. One of the men darts forward and Juliet slashes the sharp shards of glass across his face, sending him to the floor screaming in pain, blood seeping through his fingers as he tries to staunch the flow of blood.

"Which of you fuckers is next?" Juliet asks blood sprayed across her face from her last victim.

All of the men back down, realising despite their numbers the four they were facing had no qualms in doing the same to them as they had done to the men at their feet.

"We came here to make friends not enemies," Tommy says. "Those of you who are last will soon come first and those who are downtrodden will rise up. You know where to find us."

"Oooh," Juliet says, stopping in front of a trembling woman, the one who had been having sex upon their arrival. "Cute coat"

The woman takes her coat off and hands it to Juliet who tosses a roll of notes at her.

Juliet shrugs the coat on with a grin before turning to Tommy with her arms outstretched to show him her coat.

"It looks stunning, darling," Tommy says. "But you could make a potato sack look good"

"Only good?"

"It is a potato sack,"

They walk out of the club, their heads held high as they step into the streets of London.

"I think I've lost a tooth," Arthur says. "I'll have none left at this rate! Some fucking holiday this is"

"Yeah?" Tommy asks. "You all right without your fucking medicine, Arthur?"

Juliet pulls out a bottle of whiskey she had taken, passing a table whilst they were leaving.

"Here," Juliet says.

"Give me that!"

"You, john boy, eh? How are you?" Tommy asks. "Or should I ask your fucking wife?"

"Oh, give over!" John laughs.

"No more talk of chickens, do you hear me?"

"Fuck the chickens," Arthur slurs.

"I've 50 quid in me pocket," Tommy says. "Let's paint the town, eh?"

"What colour?" Arthur hiccups.

"Red," Juliet says, a glint in her eye as she stares at the streets ahead of her.