26

Tommy and Juliet were strolling through Small Heath arm in arm, Juliet's eyes alight as she tells Tommy about her writing. The man was intently listening, offering her ideas ever so often. The fact that the man cared about what she had to say, warmed Juliet to her very soul. Tommy would always make time in the day to sit with her in her study as she spilt her wildest dreams onto pages.

A man steps out of the shadows and raises a gun. Tommy pushes Juliet behind him as they both raise their hands in the air.

A hand yanks on Juliet's collar, the force sending her crashing back into a stranger's body. The man who had grabbed her spins her around, leering down at her.

"You are a pretty one, aren't you?"

"Fucking let her go," Tommy snaps.

"I don't think I will," The man says, holding Juliet so her back is pressed to his chest.

Juliet watches helplessly as a fist collides with Tommy's face. She struggles with the man before raising her foot and stamping down, digging the heel of her shoe straight into his foot.

"Fuck!" The man exclaims, pain shooting through his foot.

He throws Juliet harshly to the ground and the woman groans at the impact on the floor. She crawls over to Tommy who was groaning in pain on the ground after being kicked by multiple men.

"Tom?" Juliet asks.

"I'm okay," Tommy pants. "You need to go"

"The pretty one doesn't go anywhere," A man says, striding in and the men all dip their heads in respect. "Tommy Shebly, I missed you in my club. I was at the races."

"Sabini," Tommy says.

"Don't say my name," Sabini says. "Jesus. Franco. Take my name out of his mouth"

Sabini yanks Juliet away from the man she loved, holding her tightly in his grip as a man crouches down beginning to cut out one of Tommy's gold teeth.

"Leave him alone, you piece of shit!" Juliet snaps.

"You've got a mouth on you, my dear," Sabini says. "I bet it does wonders for Tommy"

"You put that thing near my face," Juliet says. "I will bite it off"

"You've got a quick mouth," Sabini says before he hits Juliet clean across the face.

The woman falls to the ground, her hand cluthing her now burning cheek. Juliet looks up at Sabini and spits next to his feet.

"You laid a hand on me today," Juliet says, clutching her black madonna ring. "Your future will follow according to your actions to you and when your time comes may you burn in hell"

"You pikey witch!" Sabini snaps and Juliet grins up at him.

"Oh sweetheart, you have no idea who you've messed with," Juliet says, pulling a small blade from her boot and stabbing Sabini in the leg.

The man howls in pain, pulling the knife out and throwing it to the side.

"You will regret that," Sabini says and Juliet shrugs before one of Sabini's men lands a swift kick to her stomach, sending her reeling back.

Police whistles sound loudly and Sabini's men scatter, helping their boss get away.

Juliet watches Tommy get loaded into an ambulance before being driven away towards the hospital.

The woman stumbles into the Shelby house as the pain in her stomach increases. She assumes its bruising from the force of the blow but it just increases as he knees buckle.

Juliet clutches her stomach as the pain ripples. She cries out as she lands on the floor of the dining room.

"Jules?" John asks, walking from the betting den followed by Eden whose hair was a clear indicator of their activities in the den.

Juliet doesn't respond and Esme looks to see blood on the back of her dress.

"Holy fuck," Esme rushes over. "John she's miscarrying"

"What?"

"She's pregnant!" Esme snaps. "And she's losing it"

John's face pales as he and Esme help Juliet from the floor, the woman crying in pain as they do so.

"What is all this fucking noise?" Polly asks.

"Polly," John gestures to where Juliet's blood was staining the lower half of her dress.

"Fuck," Polly mutters. "Alright Juliet we're going to get you to the hospital alright?"

"My baby," Juliet whispers and Polly looks at her solemnly.

"Sometimes it's just not the right time,"