Chapter 5

BEN POV
On another boring day, Max left me to watch the youngsters Bennie and Gwen, it was when I realised I have no idea where Hope or rather Charmcaster would be, so I let everything play its course, but I've talked to that voice in my dreams about it, the someone that let me pick aliens, and its reply was I can get anything with the brand of a true king, but I need to be strong enough to use it, I decided to focus the mind and work out hopefully I'd awaken in, I also had Gwen meditate with me at times, while Bennie works out, her idea not mine. (A/N:Op. Own plot)

Grandpa Max became more and more scarce, leaving three 10-year-olds alone free, to whatever they wanted, while going through Bennie's browser history, Ben decided to help her clear it for obvious reasons, he instead kept his questions to himself, not at all asking her why she ordered green lingerie.

"Some questions were created to be rhetorical, I'll mind his business" He was getting closer and closer to understanding the brand of a king, the more he mediated the more complexing it got, "A king is a king among man but a true king is a king among kings, pinnacle of dictatorship who's power belongs to nobody but himself." The quote entered his head suddenly, followed through by a thought 'You are the next king, become it.'

Been spent days thinking about what it meant but it didn't seem as if he would understand it anytime soon, even with his ability to comprehend everything he couldn't scratch the surface at all.

One week later.

"Okay kids, we have finally made it kids, Beaufort North Carolina," Max said with a tone of relief before he added, "I didn't think this baby could go a whole week on the road." While tapping the car with a loving expression.

"Why Beaufort?" Ben asked coming down right after Max while helping Bennie to come down too.

"Yeah grandpa this place only has old people and spas," Bennie said broadly while not letting Ben leave her.

"Well, think doofus Grandpa probably wants to visit a friend," Gwen said while she came down the RV by herself.

"Yes, and I know you wouldn't want to listen to me and my friend's old boring story so here have a hundred bucks" Max gave them the money before he walked into the retirement home.

Ben received the money since he suddenly started acting mature, this was his so-called perk of being a teen in a 10-year-old boy he had a lot of adrenaline yet a matured mind.

"Ben let's go to the carnival," Bennie suggested which was met with refusal from Ben but Gwen accepted.

'I thought she would want to go to an exhibition or something' Ben thought while he was being dragged by the two girls to a random stranger to ask for directions to the carnival.

It took 30 minutes of being dragged to numerous dead ends and getting lost but finally, they arrived at the Carnival.

"Let's play some games," Gwen suggested hinting at a stand.

"Welcome to the red dot quest" the entrepreneur smiled and welcomed them, Ben remembered it as the smiles of his childhood bullies when they felt they'd win.

"The rules are simple if you get a bullseye on the moving target, then a double of the amount of money you deposit will be given to you, if you lose then you lose the cash." He said as Ben realized something was fishy.

"Sure 20 dollars," Ben said as he placed the amount on the table grabbed an arrow and a bow.

Ben aimed the target. Then released a bow getting a bullseye, shocking the onlooker's Bennie and Gwen, even shocking Ben himself.