Chapter 8

Ben knew this would happen, but that didn't stop him from laughing and rolling on the ground, Bennie looked like she was 5 while Max was suddenly 10 again, He laughed hard but knowing this wasn't the time to be unserious, It was hero time.

"Hector, the effects are temporary right?" Ben reconfirmed while wiping off a tear from his eyes his expression shifting to become serious.

"Yes, The influence of the fountain of youth isn't long-lasting" Hector replied

"Ben this isn't funny we need to stop Hex," Bennie said, Ben chuckled due to the accent in her voice.

"Sure I understand, but you shouldn't be talking when adults are talking sweetie," Ben reprimanded her seriously before he started laughing seriously but not before he took pictures with his phone.

Hector seemed to be growing more and more impatient "please I need your help, if Hex gets to the underground spring before we do the effects would be catastrophic." He begged.

"Then let's go" Max yelled energetically before he started running in a random direction, Gwen followed him to bring him back.

Time skip

Ben, Bennie and Gwen left Hector and Max to go to the underground spring, Gwen learned of the coordinates from Hector while Bennie stuck to Ben, "can't you change me back, my magic is all messed up and weird." Bennie begged, Ben, sighed and looked at Gwen "where is the location of the spring again?" He asked, he could fix this thing rather easily with magic but he wanted to keep that as a trump card while over-relying on the Omnitrix.

"Stop ignoring me" Bennie yelled before she yawned, her eyes slowly closing "I'll go for a quick nap," she said before falling asleep in Bens's arms.

"Finally, Gwen, when she wakes up we'll probably be in the fountain of youth, get her to turn into heat blast then make her go supernova K?" Ben asked as he could see the entrance of the cave in his line of sight, the scenes would be dramatic.

With Max

Hector found it difficult to keep it so he had to speak "I might have never been thought how to sense the environment or living things to perfection but the fact you don't have any presence or aura is disturbing." Hector started at Max as the said person remained silent and walked to the coordinates he was told while thinking 'Not everything must be understood.' Hector did not want to hurt the grandfather of the 3 young superhumans knowing it would bring more harm than even Hex himself so he kept quiet and they prevail in silence.

With Gwendolyn

"That's why Ben isn't here, he knew it made no difference helping you cause he doesn't help spoilt children like you." Gwen teased Bennie, internally praising her acting skills.

"THAT'S A LIE" Bennie yelled as the temperature spiked drastically, Hex's amusement was barely hidden he found it spectacular to see siblings fight at such a crucial moment, that was till he noticed the lake water had started bubbling, "hold on you brat!".

"It's not a lie, Ben left because he found you useless" Gwen drew the last straw as Bennie exploded into hot raging flames that affected every single inch of the place, Gwen formed a barrier in self-defence but the intense flames were not only slowly breaking through the barrier it felt as if she was being cooked alive with no air supply.

"Bennie I'm right here." Ben's voice spoke through the fire somehow although Gwen couldn't see him she could tell that the fact that she hasn't been incinerated was due to his help, though the cracks spread slowly after his voice sounded out the flames died in her vision was Ben in his big Chill form floating towards Bennie who slept off due to excessive energy outlet.