🏎 17 🏎

It is 8 o'clock in the evening and Lando and I are on our way to George's house where the party is being held. Only the drivers are invited, it's a closed party. Even engineers and other people from the teams are not invited only the drivers.

Lando did explain that the drivers could all bring their girlfriends, so I am not the only girl. So far I don't know anyone from the grid. Only Max and Lando. Of course I know who everyone is but I haven't spoken to them yet.

Lando drives up the driveway of a huge house. The gate opens automatically and music sounds from the house. "You can have one drink" says Lando. "Okay mum" I laugh. "I am responsible for you and if anything happens your parents will kill me" says Lando. I start laughing even harder. "It'll be fine, I don't drink" I say as I get out of the car. I hear Lando sigh with relief and he gets out of the car.

We walk towards the front door and I ring the bell. George opens the door. "Hey, come on in" he says. He gives me a hug and Lando a bro-hug.

As we enter we hear music and see everyone standing around with a drink. As I enter I feel all eyes go my way.

"Do you want a drink?" Asks Lando. "Can I have a coke please?, I'm going to introduce myself to everyone" I say. Lando nods and walks towards the kitchen.

I walk to the lounge set where everyone is sitting. I shake hands and introduce myself. I sit down, Max is sitting on my left and Charles on my right. But because we are sitting in a circle, I can see everyone and talk to them.

Lando comes along with my drink and hands it to me. "Thank you" I say as I take the glass. He sits down and Charles then starts talking.

"Julie we are all wondering who you really are, introduce yourself" he says. "What do you want to know" I laugh. "Okay we will ask you all 1 question" says Alex. Alex, Guang and I are the rookies  at formula 1 this year.

I nod. "Good plan" I say. "I want to start" says Lewis. "How old are you?" He asks. "15" I answer. Then all the other questions follow.

"What are your hobbies?" Asks George. "I played football for 6 years, until 2 years ago when I stopped. A year ago I started karting and now I drive Formula 1" I answer.

"How are you doing with school?" Kelly, Max's girlfriend, asks: "I'm in my exam year, I have to take all my classes online and if we don't have a race for 2 weeks I have to go home so I can follow the class in real life. Once every 2 weeks I have to take a test to see if I'm not falling behind" Kelly nods.

"Why do you live with Lando?" Valterri asks. "My parents have their own company that they are very busy with, so they can't fly with me every time for the race. I wasn't allowed to fly alone either so Lando offered to live with him."

The rest of the evening we talk a lot and it is great. By now we are all singing karaoke.

Around 2 o'clock Lando and I decide to go home. We say goodbye to everyone and drive home. We try to enter as quietly as possible for Max, who is already asleep, but Lando bumps into the table in the hallway. I put my hand over my mouth to try and hold back my laughter but as soon as Lando looks at me I start laughing really hard.

A sighing Max comes down the stairs. "Jesus how much have you had to drink?" he asks grumpily. "Not a single one" I say. "That's the worst part" laughs Lando. Max laughs for a moment. "I'm going back to sleep" he says. "I'm going too" I laugh. I give both boys a hug and walk upstairs.

I put on my pajamas and plop down on the bed. I close my eyes and am soon in a deep sleep.