🏎 last chapter🏎

Today is the last race, if I win this race I will become world champion. So there is a lot of tension today and I feel that. But that should not affect how I drive today.

My parents, sisters, boyfriends of my sisters, grandparents, aunts and uncles and friends are all here to support me at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. Max, Niran, Aarav, Steve and Ria are also here.

I give Lando a big hug and then we both get into our car. We are attached and drive out of the pit lane for the formation lap. I start from pole so I already have a head start.

We all get into our grid spots and then the lights go out for the last time this season. We accelerate but Max is faster than I am. In the first corner he passes me quickly.

After lap 30 we both go in. I go in first but a lap later Max goes in. So I am back in the lead. Eventually we have 1 lap left, Max is back in the lead this time. In the last corner I actually already know that I'm going to finish second in the championship, but I don't mind because for a first season that's not bad at all.

Only in the last corner Max's tires lock up, he slides off the track a bit and I pass him. I accelerate further and cross the finish line. "YOU HAVE DONE IT" I hear Zak scream loudly into my earpiece. I'm still stunned for a moment and what just happened can't really get through to me. "What just happened" I whisper still puzzled.

"You did it Julie, You are world champion" I hear Zak once again. "Champion? CHAMPION!" Screams I as I realize it. "I'm just world champion" I shout loudly as I feel the tears welling up. We park our car in front of the finish line for the correct signs.

Me at 1, Max at 2 and Lewis at 3.

I unclick my steering wheel and click out of the car. I sit on the front and put my head in my hands. I can only feel tears sliding down my cheeks from happiness.

Long I don't have time to recover. I hear the crowd cheering loudly, but a screaming voice really comes out on top. I look up and see Lando running fast in my direction, and by fast I mean really fast.

I stand up and Lando wraps his arms around me, so fast and with such force that we almost fall over. "You did it little one" he says. I hear a lump in his throat. "I just did it" I whisper. After a minute Lando lets go of me.

I unclip my helmet and take it off. Lando does the same and in him I see tears too. I put my helmet in my car and wipe away my tears with my sleeve.

Then Max comes running, I do feel bad towards him. He led half the race and then because of those wheels he didn't make it.

He gives me a hug. "Congratulations little lion, you earned it" he says. I smile. "Sorry, you deserved it too. It wasn't quite fair" I say. "Hey, don't say that! You worked hard for it all season and now you've achieved it! You earned it!" He says. I give him another hug and then walk towards the team.

When I see them I immediately run towards the orange group. I jump on them and give everyone a hug. Behind the papaya orange colored group of people is another group, all wearing hoodies with "World Champion Julie Adams" in gold letters on the front. My family.

They turn around and there I see the picture of me and Lando at our first race. The team steps aside and my family comes running my way. My mom immediately starts crying. I give everyone a hug and then it's time for the podium moment.

On the way to the podium I meet the rest of the drivers. I give everyone a hug and then walk up to the podium with Max and Lewis. Lewis and I just act normal to each other now, there's no point in staying angry.

First Lewis walks onto the stage, then Max and last is me. "And now, the winner of today and of the season. JULIE ADAMS" I hear. I run onto the stage and the crowd starts cheering loudly. I wave to a few people and then get the trophy for winning this Grand Prix.

After the campaign moment and the photo, I go to my room. I change into a blue skinny jeans with holes and a black champion hoodie, the same as my family. I do my makeup and quickly curl my hair. After 20 minutes I am back outside for the otherwise stage moment, for the title world champion.

Again Max, Lewis and I come running up the podium in the same order.

Then we go with all the drivers, teams, family and friends to a party room nearby that my family has rented. Everyone joins us and we have a great time until late.