Chapter 5: Mother of Baymax

Tadashi's POV

Luci 'Luz' Govea was a librarian at SFIT, friends with late Morgan Halter and Professor Callaghan. She did not teach or hold the rank of a student at the college, but rather worked with the students to help them study and research books. She lived with her brother, Rogelio Govea. Her late parents, Yadira and Antonio Govea, were killed in a submarine accident while studying the Great Barrier Reef off the coast of Australia. Her friend, Jennifer Hayes, said,"Luz didn't want Morgan to go alone. She couldn't stand the thought of losing our friend, so she followed her into the fire. I didn't want them to go, but while I was running to get them, the explosion took their lives. I was too late to help my friends."

The article came to an end with our photos. I looked over at Morgan. Had she known about Luci? And if we had survived, had Luci? Or was the librarian dead?

I remembered meeting Luci once, while I was picking up a book on medical history. She had offered to help me study, but I rejected saying that I didn't need any help. But she kept pressing to help me and, finally, I accepted. She had helped me quite a bit, giving me tips and things on what I didn't know about medical history. I had left that day with a notebook filled with facts and tips and everything I needed to work on Baymax's programming. She was, I guess, the 'Mother of Baymax.' She, also, was the first one to see him finished. As a thank you I had let her see the completed project of Baymax the nursebot.

I kept the pages open but shut off the screen. This was confusing the world out of my brain.

Was she dead? Or is she alive. None of us that went in came out. I had to find a way off this island. How though? It's an island. And I'm deep in a bunker that I don't know my way out of. I would have to explore whenever I got the chance. I looked around the dark room to see a waking Morgan.

"T-Tadashi?"
"Morgan."
"It wasn't a dream."
"No. And I want you to see something."
"Wait. We aren't in the other room."
"Callaghan took us from the fire and brought us to a bunker on an island. He and I moved you to the quartering section of the bunker."
"Oh."
"Come see this."
"What is it?"
"Our deaths."
"What?"
"Apparently, we are dead to the entire world. Here, take a look."

She read the article, tears streaming down her face.
"Luz...."

"The Mother of Baymax."
"What?"
"Luci was the mother of Baymax."