Chapter 8: Paper Thin

Tadashi's POV

~several months earlier~

I had finished Baymax. He was ready to go to work. It was time.

I ran to get Luci, the girl who had helped me program him with medical information. I had been stopping by the library just to see her. She was kind and sweet and smart, I don't know why she wasn't in school. I wanted to know.

"Come on.... Watch out for the wall!!" I turned her by the shoulder so she wouldn't run into the wall.
"Tadashi!! I'm blindfolded and you're not really helping guide me! I'm practically blind in a maze."
"Sorry... This way!! Don't run into Wasabi's station, it wouldn't end well..."
"Well how was I supposed to know that that was Wasabi's station?! What if it was Morgan's or Jennifer's or Honey's??"
"I don't know just hurry!"
"Dashi!" She warned.
"Sorry... Just c'mon!"
"I've never seen you in such a rush! Hmmm....using Fred's skills I shall call you 'Dash', since you're in such a hurry when you leave the library, always placing second in the track meets to Gogo, and since you're pushing me into other students' stations."
"Ah...uhh... You're blindfolded and you're making up nicknames?"
"Hey I can't see but I can still think."
"Here."

I opened the door to my lab and pushed her through.
"Where are we?" She tried lifting the blindfold, but I swatted her hand.
"No peeking!"
"Okok! Just tell me where am I?"
"You'll see."
"Dash! I'm blindfolded! I can't see!"

Duh Dashi Duh!!

I pulled out my duct tape and stuck a piece on her arm.
"Dash... Wha-- OOOOOWWW!!!" She howled in pain as I ripped it off.
"Sorry."
"What was that---" she pulled off the blind fold and begun to yell at me when suddenly a large white robot inflated before her eyes.
"This is what I wanted to show you."
"The designs...."
"Yep."
"Wow."

"Hello. I am Baymax, your personal healthcare companion."

"Dash, this looks....like a marshmallow."

I laughed and then Baymax began to take care of her now-red arm.

"All of the medical advice that you gave me went into him."
"All?"
"All."
"Wow!"
"Sooooo....I guess that makes you the mother of Baymax."
"And you're the father?"
"Yep."
"Well, I can live with that since you're the father," she said as she walked over to me and took my hand in hers.

"I sense that both of your hormonal levels are rising steadily," Baymax stated plainly.
We laughed.
"And I couldn't think of anyone else more perfect to be the mother of my creation," I said softly as I leaned down a little bit and put my lips against hers. She kissed me back. I wrapped my arms around her waist as she wrapped hers around my neck.

Who would've thought that I would fall for a librarian. But then again, I guess I had to. She was amazingly sweet, kind, hard-working, simple and she was the mother of Baymax. Everything that I looked for in a girl. And then she fell for me.

"Dash."
"Yea?" I said against her lips.
"I think I better get back to the library."
"Aww, c'mon."
"Dinner?"
"At the Lucky Cat Cafe."
"6:45?"
"Sure."
"See ya!" She said as she left my lab and me.

I just stood there with her taste still on my mouth. She tasted like dark chocolate and peppermints.

I had just kissed Luci Govea. And I had a date with her tonight.

~end flashback~

"Wow. Interesting story. Luz never told us that she had a boyfriend at one point."
"There was nothing to say."
"Why?"
"Because a week later, we broke up."
"Why'd y'all break up?"
"Because. Just because. We realized that it wasn't meant to be."
"Oh...so you had a romantic relationship with Luz. That's why she said remember."
"Yea."
"And Dash?"
"That's a whole other story."
"Oh..."