Chapter 28 - The Fuss called Valentine's Day

"No matter what happens...I'll be the first one who protects her"

~~~

3rd Person's POV 

Y/n, Harry and Ron visited Hermione every evening when the term started. Y/n had her homework right away so Hermione could follow up what she left in the classes she couldn't attain.

At first, Madam Pomfrey was surprised why Hermione was covered in Cat hair. But Y/n managed to make her believe that Hermione ate something that was a part of someone's plan for pranking someone. Madam Pomfrey believed that it was understandable since alot of people prank eachother while the holidays.

After completing the piles of homework. Y/n, Harry and Ron were returning towards the Gryffindor Common Room while small talks.

"Have you spoken to Hermione?" Ron asked Y/n since she always went to visit Hermione everytime she got free time.

"Yes.. She should be out of hospital in a few days.....when she stops coughing up fur balls" Y/n replied and then three of them saw water all over the floor. There was only one person who could do that... well not a person, a ghost.

"What's this?" Harry asked not being a observant for the moment. They just followed the water and came in the corridor which was very close to Abandoned girl's bathroom.

"Yuck!" Ron said in disgust

"Looks like Moaning Myrtle flooded the bathroom" Y/n told the boys and they went to the bathroom where all this begun. They entered the bathroom with almost wet socks. They saw that all of the water taps were running with water overflowing in the basin. They heard a sob, Y/n signed and walked towards Myrtle

"Come to throw something else at me?" Myrtle asked and sniffed

"Why would we throw something at you?" Y/n replied with calm, comforting voice.

"Don't ask me. Here I am, minding my own business.. and someone think its funny to throw a book at me" Myrtle replied to her with a sob

"But it can't hurt if someone throws something at you" Ron said ignoring Y/n who was shaking at her head at him "I mean, it'll just go right through you". These words were enough to make Myrtle upset. She angrily flew towards Ron. Y/n grabbed Harry and pulled him away from Ron and Myrtle.

"Sure!!! Let's all throw books at Myrtle because she can't feel it.. Ten points if you get through her stomach!" Myrtle angrily said and shoved her ghostly arm in Ron's stomach and continued "Fifty points if it goes through her head!!" Myrtle yelled while shoving her hand at Ron's head

"But who threw it at you, anyway?" Harry asked trying to change Myrtle's mood

"I don't know, I didn't see them. I was just sitting in u-bend thinking about death" Myrtle signed while replying to Harry. "and it fell through the top of my head" Myrtle replied and broke in to tears while flying away from the three Gryffindors. Harry tapped Y/n's hand telling her to see the wet book on the ground. Harry walked towards the black book.

"Be careful--" Harry ignored Y/n's words and picked up the book without any caution. He walked backed to his friends and opened the book. It was blank. 

"It has nothing written in it." Harry said. 

"Here. cover it in this...we'll take it to Hermione" Y/n suggested and without wasting time, three of them hurried to Gryffindor common room to put their books in their dormitories and then they soon rushed to the hospital wing. 

When they reached they saw Hermione waiting for them. They went towards her and showed her the diary while telling her what happened.

"There's a name in this diary" Hermione said while she examined the book. "Tom Marvolo Riddle" Hermione read aloud