Chapter 9

[Y/n]

It's cold outside.

Not like it's a new thing, but I am suddenly very aware of a single detail that might bother me. Chamber included.

I sit in his car, probably more expensive than all all my organs sold, and still shiver from time to time. I'm absent, everything around me seems unrealistic right now.

I murdered someone myself.

"It was an accident." Chamber reassures me, but I snort and look out the window. He doesn't say anything anymore. He probably knows I get annoyed at every single thing that might even slightly touch me, so he sits stiffly in his seat. Yeah, that's your place you snake, sit there and do what you do best. I don't know what that is, but for this moment it should be driving. The thing he's the best at is probably forcing to buy people his products, somehow. And they're dumb enough to do it.

We're driving a long way until we finally reach out destination - some kind of a restaurant I had no idea of. Guessing by it's strange name it's French. 

Obviously. 

We get in and he sits me down on some extremally comfortable chair, then he sits down in front of me. 

"The same fate would have met you if you had joined Valorant." He shrugs, yet I notice a little glimpse of empathy in his eyes. "Okay, these were not the best words of comfort. I apologise." Putting a hand on his chest he bows his head gently. "I probably should tell you that it's not your fault and that nothing has happened in loop, but I cannot. We both know his body will be found sooner or later." Chamber sighs and sits more comfortably. "Let's eat now, shall we? You look hungry." Thanks for summarising it, pretty boy.

The only thing I can do is nod stiffly and let him pick out a dish for me. I don't even want to put strange letters into words so that they make sense. And they're in French... - I sigh.

I zoned out for literally a few minutes and we all of a sudden have food in front of us. How long have I been staring into nothingness, leaving Vincent all alone with his thoughts?

"[Y/n], are you able to eat?" He asks in the calmest voice I've ever heard. He's always been professional and cold blooded, making quite rational decisions. I wince, not looking in his direction at all. "Stop shivering like that."

I frown and finally meet his eyes, resisting the urge to spit right at him. The audacity to actually talk to me in that tone. He sits silently for a while, then sighs, once again.

"I'm truly sorry." Now his face actually shows some remorse. "I'm nervous about recent events as well, but I should be your firm support right now." With that said he rests his elbows on the table that's separating us. "Why the CEO of this idiotic company?"

I immediately raise my head quickly and stare at him, mute. 

"Wow, you're really nosy today..." I whisper sharply, trying to sound a bit threatening. He doesn't seem moved by it. Even a bit. "Could you slow down with these questions and impossible demands?" I snort, trying to take the fork in my hand, however fail miserably. How embarrassing. 

Chamber watches me struggle, but after a second he picks up the fork for me and helps to get some food on it. He looks at it, then grabs my hand and with the most soothing expression he could ever make, he puts it in my hand and helps me get it into my mouth. 

Chewing, I watch him do it once again. The process repeates until I was finally able to eat more or less tidily all by myself. I feel a bit comforted by the fact that he actually does not seem bothered with it, despite his previous words. I guess he really was a bit nervous about what I had done, but come on - have some decency since the beginning. 

We eat in silence, but he doesn't take an eye off of me. Is he really that worried about me making an incorrect move and actually betraying him in three seconds?

Mate, I'm too shocked to do this right now. 

"Will you be able to start your first 'mission' tomorrow?" 

I look up at him once again, raising an eyebrow. 

"Tomorrow? I can... try. What would be my task?" 

"You'll just bring more and more information for us. That's all you have to do." Chamber's smile is one hell of a mask for real intentions. That's why I can't make out whether he's once again trying to use me or not - I will just leave it up to fate. I want to live peacefully right after I'm done with this, so I hope that at least he'll keep his word from before. "For example... Whether you can modulate the reactor's beam's strength. Or the reactivity, who works there, who is the head of the whole process... Where do they transfer the radianite!" He spreads out his arms and looks at me, the excitement radiating from him. 

"That... is all?" I ask, quite surprised that's the only thing he'd like me to do in the whole action. Although, I don't mind - at least I'm not risking it all, just like he is. The hell with this man... Cooperation with his own copy. It's pretty obvious these two don't trust one another fully: the only thing keeping them away from their throats is their "deal". I still doubt it's durability. One wrong move and they'll shoot at each other with their Tour de Forces... Or whatever it's called. 

If I were to think of it... I liked his copy. 

We leave the restaurant and head straight to the apartment he's renting for me. A few minutes and we're there. He says short 'Bonne nuit' and leaves me alone in this spacious place. Quick events of the today finally get to me fully. I felt as if I was dreaming the whole time, but now as I'm about to go to sleep in reality I realise how badly I've fucked up. Actually, Chamber could've killed me right there and at that moment to get rid of the 'problem', but he didn't. He brought me back making sure I wouldn't skip any meal - to be honest I'm actually a very crucial element of his plan... That's the main reason of his actions, I guess.

Well, but now it's time for bed.

---

SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT AND IT TOOK SO LONG TO UPLOAD ANYTHING, BUT SCHOOL ♥ :(

HOPE YOU'RE ALL FINE AND WELL, I WILL TRY TO WRITE A LONGER CHAPTER NEXT TIME !

ADIOS :D