Blood+lust: Chapter 1

- A KISS TO FORGET -

Lincoln's Point of View

THE NEXT DAY, I woke up with a dull ache running over my body. What the hell happened to me? My body is battered, and I feel numb. My arms and feet have a few bruises. My garment was covered with mud, and the sleeves were even torn. I had a dream that I was running and plummeting off the cliff. Fuck. That wasn't a dream, was it?

Why am I here if that were the case? As if nothing had happened, I was back in my tent. It appeared to be a typical day, just like the one I might have when on vacation. How in the world did that SHIT happen?

I shook my head and rose up. Wala naman kaming ginawang extra-curricular activities kahapon kaya paano naging ganito ang itsura ko? Unless, nag sleep walk ako at kung ano-ano ang ginawa ko kaya ganito. I opened the zipped and get out from my tent. I saw my friends outside fixing their things, preparing now to leave but stopped when they saw me.

"What happened to you?" Killian was so shocked while staring at me. Astro dropped the map that he was holding and pointed to the stain of blood on my chest. He looked so terrified like he had just seen a ghost. Hindi niya alam ang sasabihin sa sobrang gulat at natulala nalang sa damit ko. On the other hand, Eiger didn't see me because he was busy packing his things in his bag.

"Gisingin niyo na si Raven, aalis na tayo," Eiger said, still not looking at me.

No one responded so he looked at them. "Oh? Ba't ganyan mga mukha ninyo? Para kayong nakakita ng multo-- AGH! Anong nangyari sa 'yo? Ba't ganyan ang itsura mo?!" He slowly turned around and jumped in fear after seeing me. Napahawak pa siya sa dibdib niya dahil sa gulat. "Ba't may dugo sa damit mo?!" He added.

"Same question," I answered. I tried to explain, but they just laughed at me. They're not buying my explanation. "Bahala kayo," I said after that long talk.

"Tinatakot mo lang kami eh! Hay naku, sayang sa oras," sabi ni Eiger at bumaling kay Astro. "tour guide, tara na." He joked. Astro just smucked his ass. And just like that, we dropped the topic like it was nothing since it's hard for us to believe that it all happened to me. Kahit ako, ayaw kong maniwala na nangyari sakin 'yon. Mas madaling paniwalaan na panaginip lang 'yon.

"Impossible... eh, 'di sana patay ka na ngayon, ba't buhay ka pa?" natatawang tanong ni Eiger, hindi parin maka-move on sa sinabi ko. Sinapak ko siya sa inis.

"Oo nga. Muntik na sana akong maniwala eh, may pa bloody effects ka pa, taray, may pa props, kaso you're still breathing and alive kaya paano nangyari 'yon? Unless ikaw si Papa Jesus--" Killian couldn't finish what he was about to say because I smucked him on the head. They all made fun of me and I keep on hitting them so they would shut the hell up.

"You guys want me dead, huh? Gago kayo," I glared at them.

Nakababa na kami sa tulong ng mahiwagang mapa ni Astro, siya ang nagsilbing tour guide namin rito. He knows this place more than us who's just here for a mini vacation. He was born and raised in the Philippines but after middle school, he migrated here with his family.