Blood+Lust: Chapter 8

- CONTRACT -

Ziliana's Point of View

HE'S FUNNY AND SO ADORABLE. I wish he knew I could read what was running through that peculiar mind of his. I looked away and chuckled without making a sound at his suggestion.

"What?" He asked.

"Okay, let's do that," I said, looking back at him fiercely.

Tinitigan niya akong maigi, tinatantya kung tama ba ang narinig niya mula sa akin. Or more like, making sure na hindi ko babawiin ang sinabi.

"Yeah, I'm down to that." ulit ko to clear his doubts. That's better.

He nodded and licked his lips before returning to wash the dishes. Just as I thought we were finished, he broached a topic that left me into a tizz.

"Do you usually drink the blood of humans?" he suddenly asked.

I sighed and shook my head as an answer. "No. It's prohibited inside our kingdom."

Umangat ang tingin niya sa akin. With the dishes already done, he's now meticulously drying them with a dish towel. Tumigil siya sa ginagawa at napalunok. I saw his Adam's apple move.

"What do you mean by kingdom?" kunot-noo niyang tanong.

Now here we are again with the questions and answers portion...

He scoffed. "Did you live in a palace or something? So... everything was a lie?" He couldn't believe it. "Did you make it up? The fixed marriage... your family in Germany—are they real or not? What are you now? Some goddamn vampire princess? Are you claiming to be some kind of princess in that kingdom?" sunod-sunod niyang tanong habang natatawa. Wala akong sinagot kahit ni isa. Natatawa parin siya at makalokong tiningnan ako. "Wow, this is totally crazy!" bulalas niya sa sarili. He set aside what he was doing. 

"You're driving me nuts," he added.

Umiwas ako ng tingin. "I'm going to take a shower." Paalam ko at tinalikuran siya.

"What? Are you planning on leaving without answering my questions? For god's fucking sake! I have no idea what's going on or what your purpose is for being here! And what's with this mission thingy? If you're going to use me, if you need some assistance, can you at least give me some details? You want to use me, right? Then do it properly! Do your fucking job and just fucking tell me who the hell you are!" he burst out.