4 - You Were Never in the Way

Book: Mikaelson Twins
Chapter 4
Word Count: 4354

The next day, Alaric gathered everyone for an assembly in the grand hall. He stood behind a podium.

"Given our recent influx of monsters, the Sheriff and I have decided we need to take drastic action. Please give him your full attention."

Matt Donovan stepped forward.

"Like Dr Saltzman was saying, local girls Dana Lilien and Sasha Stoteraux didn't come home last night. Dana sometimes skips town for a few days to party, but this is a first for Sasha."

Pictures of Dana and Sasha were passed around for all the students to see.

"Thank you, Sheriff Donovan. Now, while the knife is away with Dorian, and things are quiet on his end, it won't hurt to assume the worst." Alaric began. "Now, I'll need a few of you to volunteer to go to Mystic Falls High under the guise of an exchange program meant to improve relations between our schools, which, unfortunately, is necessary, given recent events. Now, I give you permission to compel them, to gather materials for locator spells, because any information we can get will make all the difference."

Lizzie stood up and looked at her classmates.

"Well, I guess that I can set aside my differences with Dana for a day because that is what heroes do. So, I volunteer as tribute."

"Well, in that case, I guess I'm in." Miracle stood up from her seat in between both Saltzman twins.

"I'm in." Kaleb stood up. MG followed.

"I'm in, too."

"I'd like to help." Hope spoke.

---

As Miracle headed into the gym, she passed Hope, who was exiting it.

"Good luck in there." Hope told her twin as she passed. "Alaric's going to interrogate you about why you volunteered. It's torturous."

"How fun." Miracle chuckled. "Don't worry. He won't have much time to interrogate once I kick his ass. How'd you do?"

"A tribrid against a human? How do you think?" Hope smirked. She and Miracle high fived before Miracle headed into the gym for her training session with Alaric, who had just finished battling Hope in her training session... and lost miserably.

As soon as Miracle entered the gym, she saw Alaric waiting for her. Alaric handed her two sticks.

"Today, we're stick fighting."

"I heard you lost to Hope, and we all know you're a sore loser, so don't be too mad when I beat your ass." Miracle taunted. That made Alaric immediately swing one of his sticks at her, which she easily blocked with hers.

"So, you volunteered?" Alaric mentioned.

"Yes." Miracle nodded.

"Who are you, and what have you done with Miracle Mikaelsons?" Alaric asked.

"I never got to go to a real school. I've always wanted to know what it's like to be normal for a day instead of Hope and I being tribrid loners." Miracle stated as she fought Alaric off.

"Yeah, well, that's a bed you made for yourself." Alaric replied.

"Not looking for a social lecture." Miracle was quick to comment. "So, what's your plan with Landon? Does he, like, go here now?"

"Why? You still thinking about murdering him?" Alaric questioned. Miracle stayed silent. "'Cause there's a knife that sat dormant for centuries that started attracting mythical creatures the day he took possession of it. I'd say there's a lot we need to learn about him."