7 - Yup, It's a Leprechaun, All Right

Book: Mikaelson Twins
Chapter 7
Word Count: 2944

A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating in almost two weeks, guys, but things have been sorta hectic lately! Between trying to balance work, making my fanfic book edits on TikTok, actually getting time to write the chapters, and getting my GCSE results back (I passed, btw🎉), I've not had time to upload any chapters! So, please forgive me and enjoy this chapter :) ❤️
-L xx

---

Alaric had called an assembly like almost every other morning, but this time, there were only about 10 students in the room, give or take.

"I know a lot of things have changed around here lately, but in my opinion, that's a sign of growth. And despite our growing pains, I like to think our student body has never been more... united."

"There's, like, nine of us here." Hope whispered to Miracle, who quietly giggled.

"...which means your voice carries, Hope." Alaric sent Hope a disapproving look, and Hope bowed her head in embarrassment. "But despite our spotty assembly attendance, which I will address, we now have 30 students enrolled. Which officially makes us a school in the Commonwealth of Virginia! And, more than that, a home!" Alaric was trying to sound optimistic, but it was just awkward and embarrassing. "And... and more to that, uh, a sense of community... I give you Elizabeth Saltzman."

Lizzie released Miracle's hand which she was holding in her lap and made her way to the front, standing behind the wooden podium. It was awkwardly silent for a long few seconds before Lizzie started speaking.

"I know I'm not the only one who misses the way things used to be around here. That doesn't mean that our way of life needs to change. The simple math is fewer students equals less tuition. Which is why... the smoothie bar has been shuttered, the pool closed, and all of our dances and trips have been canceled. But I have a way to turn that all around, with your help. Our first — hopefully last — Salvatore School Fundraiser Month! Over the next four weeks, we will be hosting a series of events. A car wash, a bake sale... and I am well aware that that is only two ideas, so any recommendations are welcome." Cleo then raised her hand. "That's the spirit, Cleo!"

"Hope and I can make art and host an auction." Cleo volunteered, standing up.

"Hey!" Miracle frowned. "What about me?"

"Oh, please. You'll think of something to do with Lizzie. Bake cookies or something coupley." Hope laughed at Miracle's pouty face and Miracle pretended to wipe a tear from her eye.

"So, this is what betrayal feels like..."

"Yep, Mira, you can help me with the bake sale! And the art auction is approved." Lizzie nodded with a smile. "Now, if some of our more tenured students could follow your example, we'll have this place back to normal in no time."

"Sorry to interrupt." A voice spoke up — Josie's voice — and Miracle surprised herself by how fast she turned in her seat to look at the brunette who had entered the room with a sheepish smile... and Lizzie had definitely taken notice of Miracle's eagerness at the sight of Josie... "I was on my way to school. You need to sign for this."

"What is it?" Alaric wondered.

"Something from Town Hall." A man that Miracle had only just noticed was standing beside Josie chimed in. Alaric scribbled down his signature at the bottom of the forms and handed it to the man, who left with a 'thank you'. Josie, however, hung back as Alaric read over the rest of the forms that he'd forgotten to hand back to the man. The head teacher's eyes widened an inch at the forms.

"It's a property tax lien. That we have seven days to pay?!"

"I'm so going to regret asking this, but..." Miracle sucked in a breath. "How much?"