7 - She Was Happy

Book: Mikaelson Twins
Chapter 7
Word Count: 7683

Josie's POV

Have you ever had a memory where you can't tell if actually happened or if it was just a dream? Your head can't make sense of it, so you let it go... you convince yourself it was your imagination. What if you realise it wasn't a dream at all? It was real.

It was all real...

And so you start a new day, armed with everything you never thought you needed to know. Burdened with a choice no one should have to make... knowing all eyes are on you to do the right thing.

---

No one's POV

Miracle sat on a bench in the Town Square, deep in thought. She twirled around her necklace delicately... the necklace that was once her mother's. Her mind was full of thoughts of her parents. What would they think of her? Would they be happy? Proud? Or... disappointed in the girl that she'd become?

She wished she knew...

However, knocking her out of her thoughts, Miracle was approached by Lizzie and Hope. She deflated slightly when she didn't see Josie in sight... she really did hate the tribrid after all...

"Reporting for portal duty!" Lizzie grinned, sitting beside Miracle while Hope sat on the other side of her sister. "I've never been better! My work paid off, my mind is sharp... all perceived mental breakdowns were a figment of my imagination fed by two manipulative vampires who will remain forever my enemies."

"What's going on with Sebastian?" Hope wondered, leaning forward to glance at Lizzie from the other side of Miracle.

"Headmaster Downton Abbey wants us to enroll him to keep him off the streets." Lizzie sighed. "But after deliberately letting me think that I was unwell, I will not let that happen."

"You should forgive MG." Miracle finally piped up, her voice coming out unusually quiet.

"Never." Lizzie scoffed. Miracle let out a sigh and glanced at her best friend.

"He didn't want to hurt you."

"He hid things from me." Lizzie reminded. "Zero stars."

Miracle fought the urge to roll her eyes, going back to her deep thinking as she zoned out of Hope and Lizzie talking, leaning over her to speak to eachother.

There was the last place that Miracle wanted to be. She wanted to be with Josie...

But she feared she'd already ruined that forever.

"Greetings, witches." A foreign voice suddenly cut in. All three girls looked over to the bench beside them where they saw a strange-looking man in a strange-looking costume sat there.

Hope, Miracle, and Lizzie all stood up, turning to face the two men. Lizzie being Lizzie, of course, shoved her way past the Mikaelson twins to stand in front of them with Hope and Miracle on either side of her and a little behind, making it look like Lizzie was the leader of their little group. The blonde crossed her arms and stared down at the man, annoyance evident on her face.

"Who the hell are you?"

"An answer for an answer." The odd-looking man responded nonchalantly. "There are two sisters. One gives birth to the other, and the other in turn gives birth to the first. Who are they?"

"They're night and day." Hope answered surprisingly fast. "The sisters are night and day."

"Ah." The man smiled as delight danced through his eyes. "Your reward for answering correctly is to know that you are in the presence of the master of the ancient lands. The all-holy, ever-divine sphinx!" But at his words, the three girls simply looked unbothered, causing the sphinx to look slightly surprised. "People are usually more impressed."