Warnings- IX

Camilo ushered the kids and tried to lessen the volume of their voices. Goodness they were loud. It bothered you to an extent, but it was alright. They weren't swarming you at least.

"Now, now you little-"
"Camilo! Camilo! You need to save the angel!"

The male only flushed a dark red as he sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. You thought about helping him, then decided against it. He leaned towards you, whispering softly.

"Help me Hermosa-"

You only stare at him, seemingly stating the words- 'this looks like a "you" problem' which was true. He did start the whole angel story thing.

Camilo stared at you. "y/n, please?"

You stared at him back.

He heavily groaned sulking off to try and somewhat control the kids. They kept cutting off his every sentence. The scene was extremely comical, and to that you let out a snort. Camilo turned to you with wide eyes, and that was it before you started giggling, which turned into laugher.

"w- what- are you laughing at me Hermosa?" he tried his best to look offended but ended up joining it anyway. Your voices rang in the air, joyous and loud. The kids stared at the pair of you as if you'd grown two heads.

"I'm so hurt," he chuckled, his features softening. He does that, you noticed. Sometimes he'll smile unlike his usual michevious grin. It's gentle, that smile. "Anyway Diablitos, I need to go take Mi Hermosa back to Casita, it's getting dark."

Camilo ruffled a little boys hair and turned to you, another one of those sweet expressions on his face.

"aww..."
"bye bye angel!"
"I want infinite arepas! Make sure that seniora Julieta makes them!"

They're still trying to get you to fulfill their wishes. The thought warms you. It isn't long before there's a comfortable silence. He's staring at you, from the corner of your eye you can see.

" today was, today was fun," Camilo's surprised at you having the first word, but he doesn't mind.

"I should teach you how to say my name," his hands rest behind his head as he turns to you, "I cant imagine how lovely it'll sound with your voice Hermosa"

At this point you should be used to it. All the flirting. Alas there's probably not enough ways in the world to describe how red you become whenever Camilo madrigal opens his mouth.

"you fli- flirt too, too much,"

"I can't help it when I'm with you, Hermosa,"

He turns to you, grabbing your hand to get your attention. There's a strange feeling in your chest. How long ago did you meet him? Its astounding to see how a boy you've met for two days pulls at your heartstrings in such a way.

You've read of it, love at first sight, but dismissed it as a myth. From this day on you decide you hate that myth.

The sunset paints him in a golden colour. As you examine his handsome face you notice faint freckles that seem to melt into his skin, chocolate eyes almost glowing. And you do something you never thought could be possible in such a delicate moment.

You laughed.

You laughed harder than you ever have, whether impulsively or not. And it only got worse when you watched Camilos jaw drop. At this point you were snorting and giggling like crazy.

"You're embarrassing me y/n!" He holds an incredulous expression before joining in on your laughter like before. "Stop- stop pfff hahaha!"

"I can't- hah- I can't breathee-" you wheezed clutching your stomach.

"her- hermosa Dios mio!"

In the end the both of you arrived back at Casita, a cackling fit. Mirabel tried to say hello but was ultimately drowned out by the two of you. Camilo led you to the kitchen, chuckling still to himself.

"You need water? I need water." He got a glass and presented you with another. You can't wipe the wide grin present in your face as you take from him, his fingers brushing against yours.

He pours you a beverage and puts his glass up, motioning for you to do the same.

"To a great evening with mi hermosa," Camilo raises his eyebrows at you, an invitation to do the same.

"To, to new, to new friends,"

"aww is that all I am to you?"

The day ended with you giddy and jumping. You trudged home with that smile and fuzzy feeling in your stomach still present. Though as you neared the door this mornings memories jot back to you and you slow in your excited skipping.

You still had to tell your parents about that ominous dream. Who was that boy? You were sure you had seen him before. Was he one of your friends?

Tentatively, and with bated breath you slowly opened the door. Your father is there, sipping tea, awaiting your arrival with a smile.

You bitterly frown at how such a perfect evening went so sour.

"Chiquita! Welcome home- oh, why the grim face?" there's concern as he gently sits you down. Your mother comes to visit as well, noting the atmosphere and choosing to take a seat rather than talk.

"mama, pa, papa," you start, wondering if you should keep this to yourself. Too late now. "I had a.. A dre, dre, dreaam,"

They only nod to coax you to continue.

"a short, a short, a short," with all the attention your nerves get the better of you, words gushing out in a senseless stutter. "a short, boy, he, he, told, he told-"

In an attempt to calm yourself down, you think of what happened just before. Your time with Camilo and the kids. You also took deep breaths, and that seemed to help. Your father rubbed your back while your mother took your hand in hers.

"he, he told me to, that I, that I, have to warn you."

They exchange glances. You didn't know what was going on, but by their reaction they knew what was happening. A part of you wanted to know, and another wanted to be kept in the dark.

"y/n, this is serious. Listen carefully. If anything should happen to your mother and I," your father steels himself with a shaky breath. "If we act differently, under a plank of wood in out room, theres a box that will tell you everything you need to know."

"why, why can't you, can't you just-"

"remember Tesoro," your mother quickly interjects. "whatever happens, it's not your fault, and if you see him, tell him we're sorry."

That night gave you far too many unanswered questions. Tell who? Who is he? Why are your parents so suddenly keeping things from you?

It lulled you into a black, dreamless night.