Planning- XXIV

Just as the two of you leave the room, Camilo's stomach rumbles. He frowns.

"Ah, Hermosa, Im starving!" Your nod as you feel the hunger easing into your system as all the excitement and sleep faded away.

"Me, me too."

"Then lets take a quick trip to the kitchen!" He dramatically points to the stairs and looks to you with a smile. You take his hand and you both walk down the stairs, bumping into Felix, who after seeing who you two were grinned slyly.

"Well well, I didn't know you both were dating, mijo!" Camilo flushes as his father lets out a hearty chuckle, patting the boys back harshly. "Thats my boy! Im looking forward to having you as part of the family y/n!"

He reaches his hand out to shake yours except Camilo buts in. His neck is a hard red. The poor boy fumbled around while Felix watched with a quirked brow.

"Papi! its its not- i mean it is but- I haven't- Y/n lets go-" He pushes past his father, dragging you along with him. His hand was sweaty before he huffs, finally having made it to your first destination.

You give him a questioning look he brushes off for the time being, before you hear something clatter to the ground. Camilo looks up in a hurry, only to see Mirabel and a man pointing fingers at each other.

The man held two arepas in his hand, dropping one to cover the girls mouth as she opened it to scream. His eyes were obscured by a hood but you could tell he looked nervous. Camilo glares, stomping forward before Mirbel stops him.

"Bruno!" She hisses, and looks to the anxious man who held his hands up in surrender.

"Y- you got me..." His tone completely defeated. Camilo has a strange expression on his face but you speak up, albeit tentatively.

"Bru- Bruno, we have, we have," You struggle to remember what you needed before snapping your fingers. "We have a question. we wont, we wont tell on you if you answer, answer it."

Mirabel's eyes widen.

"Youre a genius y/n!" Bruno hushes her but it's too late, her noise seemed to have attracted Pepa, who peeped over. You look to see the man cowering, fiddling with his hands for comfort. Camilo immediately turns himself into an exact replica of Bruno, widening his arms to use the poncho like some sort of curtain.

"Ma, look!" He advaces towards her, almost like expecting a hug. Mirabel ushers the frozen adult back from where he came. She beckons you, but you're fixated on Camilo, who is now being scolded for scaring his mother.

He turns and offers you a smile with a thumbs up before Pepa smacks the upside of his head to gain his attention.

"Ay, OW! Ma!"

"Dont 'Ma' me! you know how much Bruno unsettles us; how many more times am i going to have to ground you??"

She drags him by the ear ignoring his complaints. You're left standing there, Mirabel tugging urgently at your arm. Bruno watched the two of you from behind the painting, wondering if he could run away before shaking away the thought.

You follow Mirabel grudgingly.

" But, but Camilo-"

"We'll just tell him everything he needs to know." The girl insisted. It didn't sit right with you, but there wasnt much else to do.

"Er... so, um what do you want to know..?" Bruno stands off to the side, rubbing his arm sheepishly. You pity him. If he was here the whole time then surely he would have heard the rumors about him. Especially Camilo's song.

"We saw the prophecy about me and Casita." The man doesn't answer as he muttered anxiously. He gestured for you to follow him as he hopped over cracks, then held his breath. It was slightly strange, but you dismissed it as superstition.

"watch your step." Bruno motioned to the holes and cracks that riddled the floor. There was a particularly large gap that you and Mirabel had to jump over. The loud noise it made made you cringe.

Mirabel wrinkled her nose as salt fell upon her face, and you blink frantically as some felt to get in your eyes. Your gaze wandered to the patched breaks in the walls and you turn to the girl who also stared intently at it.

"Youve been fixing all of this?" Her tone slightly filled with awe. The man shrugs, shaking his head.

"All the patching's done by Hernando."

"Who's-"

"I am Hernando and im scared of nothing!" Before Mirabel can finish her sentence Bruno pulls the hood over his head like before, talking in a deeper voice. His eyes softened as he lowered the fabric.

"I used to say that my real gift was 'acting', heh" He spoke as if you had believed him to be another person. Your heart ached for him. Bruno was just misunderstood. The way they presented him... It was a bit much.

Eventually Bruno sat down by a red chair, the lines on his face somehow looking deeper as he spoke in a solemn tone. He doesn't meet neither you nor Mirabel's gaze.

"you weren't supposed to see that. No one was."

Rats scurried towards his hand, holding a familiar satchel you remember to be containing the fragments you had collected at Bruno's tower. The girl beside you gasped.

"Hey! thats mine!"

Except she quiets down at the grim expression that adorned the adults face. He looked horrified, dropping the dulled pieces onto the floor. They hit against each other with a clack. Bruno's face was pale, eyes wide before he slowly turned to the two of you.

"...Tio Bruno?"

He fumbles for the right words to say.

"What did, what did Ma say to the both of you, about, about my prophecies?"

Mirabel thought for a moment. She looked to you, silently asking if you remembered. Bruno turns to you as well.

"She said, She said that..."You stuttered lightly. "She said your tablets... they turn, they turn dull when, when they're finished."

The man takes in a shuddering breath.

"They also lose their light when they change completely."