Tell my story- XXXVI

The entire walk Camilo complained, quite loudly about Diego. You suspected he spoke with a tinge of jealousy as well, ranting about how he had no shame.

"And, and the, the audacity!" You nodded, coaxing him to continue. Frankly, it was nice now to have someone to bond over finding the boy annoying, except it maybe you feel guilty to diss him. "Hmph, trying to act all high and mighty for what?"

Eventually you had reached Casita, Camilo constantly still grumbling. You tilt your head to a glint in a tree, tugging the male over. He follows you with interest, immediately deadpanning once he saw Diego perched on a branch, box in hand.

"Took you long enough," The boy jumped down with ease. His actions were uncannily graceful and calculated. "think you can sneak us in?"

Diego motions to camilo, who frowns, eyeing him suspiciously. He crosses his arms, shaking his head.

"and why should i?"

The boy's eye twitches slightly, and a peeved expression makes its way to his face. The sound of him agitatedly drumming the container echoed in your ears. You nervously pace as well, tensely watching the exchange between them.

"im already risking so much being out in the open like this-" camilo raised his brows. He didnt seem to take diego's words at heart, and the boy knew that. "we cant go back to y/n's house, its no longer safe. Its where they'll first look. It wont be long until they find us."

His lips were pressed in a thin line, brows lightly knit. Diego looked a lot older when he was like this.

"until who finds us...?"

Camilo stubbornly pressed. There was a small pause, and it felt like the atmosphere was suffocating you slowly, prolonging your bated breath. The boy turned to you, thoroughly pissed.

"did you really have to get someone like him y/n?"

He almost spat it out, evident distaste in his voice.

Something about that stirred a silent anger in your heart. You stomped towards diego throwing a sudden punch onto his face, though he blocked it with ease. A sickening crack reverberated though the air and you doubled back with a cry, clutching your hand.

"Y/N-!"

Camilo was by your side in an instant, gently cradling your shaking form. He glared at the boy who looked mildly surprised, eyes flickering from you to his hand.

You bit your lip, the pain ebbing from you knuckles to your arm. It felt worse from when you had cut yourself and you cant help but let tears seep from your eyes. At the sight camilo immediately rubbed your back, scowling. His entire body was tense, and a sudden protective aura emanated from him.

"My, the two of you are so difficult. Lets not waste anymore time fighting. Get up."

It was now Camilo who advanced in fury, hands balled up into fists and poised to hit. Thankfully you had reached forward and tugged onto his rauna, pleading with your teary eyes.

"c- camilo- please- please dont-"

"but y/n-"

You only shook your head and he sighed, carefully helping you up and turning to glare at diego, who watched the exchange with a bored expression.

camilo gently hugged you, mindful of your hand as he deftly wiped away you tears. If not for your pleading, he wouldn've certainly picked a fight with deigo. he promised to keep you safe, to make sure you would never cry again. how on earth could he fail so easily?

With that the boy impatiently nudged camilo with his leg, causing the male to grunt, pulling you closer to him in response. The fingers of his hand were carefully draped around your aching wrist, drawing soft circles on them.