TWENTY - A MORNING CALL

[mature themes in this chapter]

Irina fluttered her lashes when she awoke, the sunrise breaking through a crack in the curtains, the corner of the window allowing just enough of the golden rays to cast a bronze shadow across half of the room.

She saw her dress crumpled in a pile in the corner, Alfie's trousers and suspenders hanging over the back of an armchair beside a wooden wardrobe. The bed sheets were white and heavy, sounding like fresh snow crunching beneath feet as she turned over.

Pulling her hair over her shoulder, she sleepily locked eyes with Alfie who lay beside her. She wasn't sure how long he'd been awake for, but his blue eyes were heavy and glazed over with last nights slumber, his lips pulled into a gentle smile.

"Morning," he said in a gruff tone, running a single finger down the curve of her bare waist beneath the sheets.

"Good morning," Irina replied, her skin prickling at the sensation.

Although the two of them had drank more alcohol than they should have the previous evening, Irina was glad she woke up being able to remember every single detail of her night with Alfie.

She gazed at him, her hand resting on his rough cheek, his stubble scratching her as she took a few moments to wake up her mind.

Irina bit down on her lip ever so slightly as she began to recall the way Alfie had carried her up the stairs, his shirt unbuttoned and hanging off his shoulders loosely, her hands touching his bare chest.

She remembered everything, from the moment they first kissed down to falling asleep with his arm around her waist, his lips on her neck.

"What are you thinking about?" Alfie asked, pushing the covers down his body so they sat just below his waist.

Irina tried her best to keep her eyes on Alfie's face, though she couldn't help but steal a glance at his toned body and muscular arms, unable to resist anything about him after experiencing what they had shared the night before.

"Nothing," she said quietly, shaking her head.

Alfie's hand settled on her hip, his other taking her face gently, tilting her chin upwards to place a soft, lustful kiss on her lips. He let his lips graze hers ever so slightly, smirking to himself as he heard her whimper needily before he kissed her hard, pulling her body effortlessly against his own as he did so.

Irina ran her fingers through his hair, breathing heavily as she felt his hand trail further down her body, teasing her inner thighs with devilish intent, feeling her body grind against him in desperate want.

He pleasured her intently with his hands, taking great satisfaction in making her moan against his lips.

"Alfie," she whispered between breaths.

He lay her on her back, pushing himself up onto his hands and hovering over her body, his eyes raking every inch of her skin as she lay beneath him.

Alfie was mesmerised by her body, every curve and pull of her olive skin, the freckles that had rained across her chest and the tiger stripes that pulled on her thighs and breasts. She was like no woman he'd ever seen, and as he looked at her for the first time with light in the room instead of pitch darkness, he lost his mind in the best possible way.

"You are so fucking beautiful, Irina."

She looked up at him with fox-like eyes and a pouted lips, making him swallow hard. He watched, tensing as she ran a finger down the centre of his chest before reaching his waistline, teasing him in the same way he had done to her.