O N E

Walking through the old wooden door to the run-down house I miserably call home feels oddly peaceful for some reason today

Walking through the old wooden door to the run-down house I miserably call home feels oddly peaceful for some reason today. I wonder why I'm still here, why I choose to put up with the abuse when I know full well, I don't have to.

Maybe it's the fact that I am technically still a minor. Or maybe it's because I know that deep down mom and John are the only family I really have. Of course, there's my best friend Bryn, but I think there's a part of me that wishes things were different. Like how they used to be. When mom loved me, I had brothers who adored me, and a father who doted on me.

Life wasn't always this miserable.

It used to be good. I used to have something to look forward to when I woke up in the morning. Like playing with Xander. Or baking cookies with Alfie. 

Or dad. Just being near him made me feel like I was on top of the world, and nothing and no one could ever hurt me.

Then my mom woke up one day and fucking ruined everything.

The miserable cunt.

Closing the front door, I hurry up the steps and into my bedroom so I can get ready for the day. The fight that I left for last night got a bit out of hand and only ended about an hour ago, so now I have to quickly get my shit together so I can get my chores done and head to school.

I really need to get out of here and away from mom and John, but that seems like a miracle these days, and I'm not sure if god has been granting too many of those lately. I miss my dad, and brothers, but I don't even know if they'd want me back.

I'm sorry for being rude, let me introduce myself. My name is Marabella Athena Russo. I'm 16 and a Junior in high school. I currently live in LA with my mom, Amelia, and her boyfriend John. Most importantly, I'm known as The Devil's Creation in the underworld, and I'm an undefeated champion in just about everything you can imagine. I also happen to be the Donna of the French Mafia, and my best friend Bryn is my second in command.

Almost 12 years ago, Amelia ran away with me in the middle of night and I haven't seen my brothers or dad since. It's been pretty hard, having suffered a lot at the hands of my mom, and her boyfriend John over the last 12 years- but I like to think that I've handled it pretty well.