F I V E

The next morning, I'm woken up by someone gently massaging my head and quiet chatter surrounding me

The next morning, I'm woken up by someone gently massaging my head and quiet chatter surrounding me. I snuggle further into the hand, and let out a small hum as I try to go back to sleep. A small chuckle fills my ears, and Victor's voice comes soon after.

"Come on princess, it's time to wake up. Breakfast will be ready soon- and then we need to head to the mall to get the shopping for you and Bryn done. You're starting school next Monday."

I groan before sitting up and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, already exhausted by what I know today will entail. Once I've adjusted to the light illuminating my bedroom, I see Victor looking at me with so much love and adoration that a small blush creeps up my neck and cheeks. I have to look away, and when I do he chuckles before throwing my blankets off of me and once again telling me it's time to get up.

I still say rooted in my spot on the bed before looking up at his 6'5 frame with my puppy dog eyes and asking him if he'll carry me. He laughs and shakes his head, but picks me up nonetheless, and I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

Before he can get too far, I bend down a little and grab my phone before slipping it into the pocket of the sweater I'm wearing and wrapping my arms back around his neck, and resting my head on his chest.

Once we reach the kitchen, Victor walks over to a stool and sits down with me still on his lap. I think most people would probably find it weird that I'm sitting in my brother's lap- but for my family, it's very normal for siblings to have a close relationship like this. It won't stay like this forever, and I'm sure they're only doing it because of the recent circumstances- but I'll take any chance I can get to feel like a princess.

A plate of fresh cinnamon rolls is quickly placed on the island counter in front of us, and we both pick up one before cheers-ing and digging in. Halfway through breakfast, my phone rings- forcing me to temporarily abandon cinnamon roll number two so I can fish my phone out of my pocket. When I finally recover my phone, the caller ID shows that it's my assistant calling.

I hesitate for a moment before deciding to answer the call. I chatted with my assistant for a few minutes about some business things, thankful that my dad and brothers don't understand French. After I hung up the phone, I look back up to see all of the guys looking at me with shocked expressions on their faces, and Bryn watching the scene in amusement.