T W E N T Y - E I G H T

Waking up the morning after Ella's party was a lot harder than I had expected

Waking up the morning after Ella's party was a lot harder than I had expected. We had only been asleep for about 4 hours before my alarm rang, so I decided to get up and get our things ready alone so she could sleep a bit longer and hopefully be a little less cranky on the flight.

It took me about an hour and a half to get ready for the day, lay out Ella's clothes, and pack our suitcases, and once I was done, I laid back down in the bed and pulled Ella into my arms.

I brushed her unruly hair out of her beautiful face and peppered kisses down her jaw and neck as she slowly started to wake, before placing a final kiss on her lips as her beautiful eyes opened. She smiled sleepily up at me, and because I couldn't help myself, I placed another kiss on her lips. "Its time to get up baby. We're leaving for the airport in the hour or so" I whisper softly into her ear as she lays her head on my shoulder.

Ella nodded her head, and the two of us laid in bed for a few more minutes before she eventually got up and headed into the bathroom. The view was nice as she walked across the room, still naked from last night and her body covered in hickeys and love bites from the last week.

I gathered a few last minute things and took our bags downstairs while I waited for her to come out, and when she finally did I couldn't help but smile. She's wearing one of my hoodies, a pair of my sweatpants, but thankfully- her own shoes, with her hair up in a bun on the top of her head. She had never looked more beautiful.

I love the care-free and relaxed side of her. The Ella that wore my clothes and didn't care how she looked. Who would do anything for the people that she loves, and who raises my blood pressure daily.

Falling in love with her had been effortless, and I continue to fall in love with her day after day.

Heading downstairs and into the living room, everyone wished us good morning as we took a seat on one of the couches- waiting for a few stragglers before we headed to the airport. Quiet, mundane conversation could be heard throughout the room, no one wanting to make too much noise at the early hour.

Finally, everyone was ready and all of our bags were in the waiting SUV's. The drive to the airport took about an hour, and when we arrived we all piled onto the plane and found seats- ready to crash for the duration of the flight.