Chapter 16: "Priority: Alcatraz II"

--Claridge's hotel, London, United Kingdom Sector, Earth--

Claridge's is one of the very few historical hotels that is still standing in the 31st century. Officially named Claridge's in 1856, the hotel was visited by Queen Victoria to meet Empress Eugenie of France in 1860 marking the beginning of its long tradition of royal visits. During World War 2, King Peter II and Queen Alexandra of Yugoslavia had their first and only child, Crown Prince Alexander II, during their stay at the hotel. Winston Churchill, the Prime minister of UK at the time, declared suite 212 Yugoslavian territory for a day and a box of Yugoslavia earth was placed under the bed so the Crown Prince could be born on Yugoslavian soil.

The hotel was rebuilt twice during 1145 years of its existence, but its tradition of royal visits remains unchanged. Today, Claridge's is still being used to accommodate foreign royalties when they visit Earth and the hotel makes sure that these royalties receive the highest standards of service and the best hospitality that humanity has to offer.

Three royal suites were reserved for Ava, Kind Duran, Pina and Hamilton. As per their request, Pina and Hamilton will be staying in the same suite. Pina is standing on the balcony staring out to the city of London night light.

"Their city is so majestic, so beautiful" Hamilton says as she approaches and hands Pina a cup of hot tea.

"It's also so clean" Pina replies "They are far superior to us in every possible aspect. King Duran was right, our arrogance blinded us and it might be the end of the Empire".

"Only if you fail, Your Highness, and you won't. I know it in my heart, I will give my life if it helps you succeed" Hamilton says.

"Thank you, my friend, I pray it will not come to that" Pina gives Hamilton a hug.

The room AI informs them that Ava is calling and a small holographic screen appears in front of Pina with the option to receive, mute or hang up. She touches the receive button then the screen switches to a video call with Ava.

"Hello, Commander, is there anything you need?" Pina says.

"No, I'm just calling to make sure you're comfortable and to remind you that the buffet is 6 to 9 AM. We'll be checking out at 10 AM then we'll take you to the prison world, Alcatraz II, to meet your people that we captured during New Ginza Incident and the battle of Alnus Hill, so be ready" Ava replies.

"We are perfectly comfortable, thank you for checking in and we will be on time, Commander. You would allow us to meet our people in your prison?" Pina says.

"Good good, and yes returning some of your people is part of the treaty so we'll let you meet them to help you decide who will be released. Of course, they'll all be released when the war is over. Anyway, I'll..." Ava's sentence is interrupted by a call from Ashely "Hang on Ash is calling".

Ava adds Ashley into the ongoing call with Pina.

"LC?" Ava says.

"Commander, Princess, Hamilton" Ashley greets them and then continues "You guys might want to see this, they just published new discovery about the gate from the data package in Norvea Castle".

Ava pulls up the article on the screen so everyone can read about it. The GIA has been decrypting the data sent back by the 5th SIF which contains a lot of information about the history of the planet and the research that the Prothean was conducting there.

"It says the control of the gate was a malfunction at around 400 BC Earth year and opened a gate outside of the city of Rome" Ashly says "the Roman send an army through the gate to conquer the new world"