Chapter 31: "Priority: The Grand Library".

----

Within the population of the Citadel Council races, a twisted ideal is starting to spreading at an alarming speed. A group of cultists who call themselves Salvationist believe that the Reaper is their salvation, the solution to this chaotic universe and that we should help them instead of fighting against them. Their leaders are believed to be indoctrinated by the Reaper. Regardless, the idea is gaining popularity as more and more followers are joining them each day despite the best effort of the Citadel Council's propaganda department.

At first, their activities were mostly inciting protest, worker strikes and riots but recently they started to conduct suicide bombings, and assaults on police stations and government installations. In some cases, with well-organized assault, they managed to cause considerable damage to lightly defended military outposts such as watch out stations, and relay stations. The scale of the attacks grows larger each time, which causes a significant hamper on the council's war effort.

The Salvationist has agents in most government bodies within the Citadel Council space and the ability to keep staying 1 step ahead of any investigation conducted by both police forces and Spectres. Desperate and out of options, the turian councilor, knowing that the others' pride is too high to ask the UNE for help, secretly meets with the UNE ambassador and asks them to help. President Liam stood between 2 choices either let the cult grow large enough to cause serious damage to the council forces or help them in order to keep them in the war, he chose the latter.

A team of GIA agents, led by Viktor, was sent into the Citadel Council space on 2 Phantom Class destroyers along with the 9th SIF platoon of commander René. Their mission is to investigate and take down this cult using any means necessary while staying under deep cover. Interestingly, while most of the cultists are of various races there are a few humans within their rank as well. This raises the concern that the Salvationist had reached into UNE's border and is working in the dark to support the Reaper.

--Rondel Inn, Rondel--

Cato is waiting in front of the inn with a few guards to help him bring enough horses for everyone. The council insisted that they must travel by horse or on foot within the city to avoid traffic problems. Their vehicles are big for Rondel's streets and while they're nimble enough to navigate, they block the entire street when they move through it.

"Master Cato, why all the horses? The library is nearby we can walk" Ava says as she walks out of the inn, followed by the rest.

"No, no you're the council's guests so we can't let you walk. It's a formality, I hope you understand." Cato smiles and replies.

"Alright, thank you" Ava replies as she nods slightly and then continues "About Lelei, what does she needs to do in preparation for the test? Isn't 1 day a bit rush?" Ava asks while she's mounting up a horse.

"It is a series of trails to see if Lelei has mastered the basics of magic. Everything she needs is in the Grand Library, she can practice there too while you are looking through the monoliths. She's a very smart girl, commander, the best student I've ever had so trust me when I say 1 day is more than enough" Cato says as he kicks the horse to start moving.

"Can we be there when Lelei doing the test?" Ashley asks.

"You're her friends, it would be good for her morale if you're there to support her" Cato replies.

"If we finish scanning everything today" Ava inputs.

"Hear that boys and girls? If you wanna see the magic show you better work hard to get it done today" Ashley looks back at the rest of the unit.

"Oorah!" they reply which causes the attention of many people in the surrounding area.

"This place smell so good, so different than the other places in this world" Jimmy says as he takes a deep breath in. The TAC suit, while airtight, could detect the smell in the air and relay it via brainwave to the wearer.