Chapter 30: "Priority: The Council of Rondel"

----

With the assistance of the UNE, both the Citadel Council and the Federation are giving the Reaper a significantly larger challenge. The extra ships and logistical support of the UNE allow the Federation to slow Reaper forces to almost a halt. On the other side of the galaxy, the Citadel Council with the help of UNE Terra Fleets mounted the first offensive, of the entire war, against the Reaper. They managed to gain some ground before the swarms of Reapers push them back and quickly regain the lost space. The operation was a massive loss of lives and assets due to many factors.

Reaper forces were significantly larger than UNE intel provided, their fleets block the sun from every world they arrive on. In an attempt to save face and keep public opinion high, the council is pointing fingers and blaming the UNE for the loss on their media channels. President Liam and UNE diplomatic branch have been silent regarding the matter, because it doesn't affect the UNE in any way and if it helps to keep the Council's support for the war then so be it.

However, the fact was there was no way to gain solid intel on the Reaper as it is almost impossible to infiltrate their space. It is only due to advanced stealth and cloaking technology of the UNE that they managed to learn limited intel.

In addition, the large gasp in capabilities between the Council military and that of the UNE makes it almost impossible to create an effective plan. Maneuvers that the UNE could easily pull off are impossible for the Council forces to make due to inefficient logistic and navigation technology. Plans that were reduced in efficiency to allow allied forces to keep up were less effective and resulted in large losses of war assets.

Many Generals and Admiral within the UNE voiced their concerns that including the Council's military is a liability. However, post-operation analysis reports from Terra Sphere proved otherwise. Without the extra body of the Council forces, the UNE would've suffered significantly more casualties than they already did. On the plus side, the frontline on the Citadel Council's side is now stable and the allied forces are fighting the Reaper forces to a stalemate, although, military analysts predict that they would not be able to keep this up for very long.

--Council Chamber, Rondel--

The 2 vehicles stop right outside of the chamber as the passengers dismount from them. The building is large, mostly white marble, and looks new like all buildings in the city.

"Only commander Ava, Lelei, knight Grey and 1 other are allowed to enter. Everyone else have to stay here, under guard, until the council allows you to freely travel in the city" master Cato says then he looks around the SIFs and their vehicles and continues "Although, I'm not sure if they can stop you from doing anything"

"Don't worry, master Cato, we'll play nice if your men don't threaten us" Ava assures.

"They won't, you have my word for it" master Cato says.

"Well then, let's not keep the council waiting. Rob you're with us" Ava says as she nods at Ashley to which she nods in return.

Rondel's council chamber is a large building that looks like a dome with a lot of unused space inside. The large size is mostly for ceremonial purpose as meeting hearing and even graduation events rarely take up all the spaces inside. The seats of the 4 councilors are in the middle, in front of them on both sides are the rows of seats higher up facing each other and in the center is a magically elevated silver platform where newly graduated mages receive their recognition. To be standing on the platform is a great honor for any apprentice mages and to be allowed to present your research or finding on the platform is a greater honor.

Master Cato leads the ground into the chamber to meet with the council. As they approach, the large stone doors open by themselves as the guards stand still. When they enter, Ava can see the whole chamber is as bright as a sunny day but there's no detectable source or light. She concludes that it's magic that is shining the place.