Chapter 1.1: A New Era, a New Beginning

"I wonder how long has it already been since I looked back, the thing is that my family or nearest friends are no longer by my side, but I am still standing on my own two feet. I swear it feels almost like a million years, but how long am I here? Right now a time machine would really come in handy; unfortunately I don't think that that would be an option."

These are the words I have been waking up with lately. I fear that what happened to my brother could eventually happen to me especially when I woke up from the Cryonic sleep knowing that everyone who was near to me is gone, left in the previous Era. The truth is that even he has left me. Maybe it would be best if I never knew who I really am and that I even had a brother, but what am I saying, I finally found someone from my family, even though I lost him right after I finally found him. Although I must say that knowing all this makes it harder for me to get over all that I lost, nearest friends, the one who was dearest to me and whom I have dreamed to share my future with and the brother who I finally found. Unfortunately my brother was the key to unlocking my past and I don't think that I will ever find out about my past or family now that he is dead. I keep wondering if I ever done anything to deserve this feeling of waking up to a new and to me completely unknown Era with knowing that I lost all and there is no way of seeing them anymore. Well I also was thinking of the worst lately, don't get me wrong or anything, especially when I saw what happened to my brother in the end, but his last words just keep coming back. The last sentence I heard from him when he was leaving me with that smile on his face saying that he finally wasn't alone was: "Don't do the same mistake as I, and remember that I will be always with you even when you won't have the strength to go on and the world around you will feel distant and cold, Igros promise me that you will go on for the both of us." I promised, without a second thought, although I knew he was leaving me alone. Several seconds after I used my last inner energy, which at that time I though was endless as it came from the very twelve souls of the galaxies, my body failed me and I started to fall to the ground but didn't even see or feel the fall as I blacked out before I could hit the ground. It was then that I thought that maybe all of this was just a bad dream from which I would wake up after I closed my eyes. The thing is that apart from my brother and all the beings that lived in the previous 6th Era I didn't die and am still alive.

A few days ago I waked up from a rather long sleep, which is also known as cryonic Sleep. The weird thing about waking up from a long cryonic sleep is that your body starts reacting from the most vital organs and parts of the body; literally you start from breathing, nerve system, brain and so on. Especially weird were the two days when I couldn't move nor open my eyes or mouth. All I could do is breath trough nose, think, listen and smell. It was then when I finally could be sure that this definitely didn't feel like afterlife, not that I ever experienced it before. After the two long days I finally could escape all that darkness and open my eyes, even though I couldn't move my body or head I tried to get at least a partial look at my resting place. It was then that I was grateful as it seemed that even after my body collapsed, all my organs seemed to be working normally, and don't worry from what little energy I had, I used on my inner sense to be sure that I didn't have any unwanted implants. Paid off though as I could lose the thought of not knowing if I had any implants done to be able to survive. I closed my eyes afterwards, just to listen calmly to my beating heart. When I opened them after a while I was looking at the corner of a digital table with several devices and the computer control unit, it was then that my eyesight stopped on the watch. To be honest it was not the time that bothered me even though I was always pretty strict and always wanted to be everywhere on time. I just needed to see today's date. It was then that I found the terrifying truth. I have slept for more than 2600 years. Great, at least I finally knew how the frozen food feels after being out of date and believe me words can't describe my feelings after knowing this. For a while I tried to calm down, to tell you the truth I even felt tears after looking at the current date and really hoped that someone played with the clock and this was supposed to be just some sort of a bad joke. It was then that I started to think, how is it possible that I am still alive? Hmm..., probably thanks to the power borrowed to me by the very souls of the galaxies. At least that was the most rational explanation I could come up with back then. Well I know I could have explained a bit sooner that I was the first to be assigned to the post of the InterCon. The truth is that I was the one who failed all, not only friends and family but everyone who was looking forward to a long and happy life in the previous Era.