Chapter two 2.1 : A Dream from the Past

BEEP.... Recording Established.... "Hmm?!" Huf, huf ... Oh, I almost forgot that I have scheduled the recording on today. Apologies for this inconvenience but I am about to end with today's conditional night training and it seems that I am also finally beginning to feel a bit tired even after such a long Cryonic sleep. To be honest with you I thought that the first signs of becoming tired would come after a far longer period of time but who am I to say as this was my very first and hopefully also my last Cryonic Sleep. That's why I wouldn't want to judge. By the way this may be also caused by the night-time conditional training and the fact that I had to take it more seriously as I wasn't in a very good form after waking up, and I wanted to get my body and might to my previous state from before the Great Intergalactic Beat. Well I didn't want to be slacking off from the start, because I am not quite sure what this new era will bring and having a balanced physical and mental form would increase my survival rate. It seems that the sun is already getting up. But I better stay outside for a while as I need to calm down a bit after the training and what better way than seeing the sunrise from behind the horizon. As previously mentioned my current plan is to depart from Vrasz Serris as soon as I get to the capital city, Coldir.

I may forgot to mention somewhere between the lines that today is the day that Higgy and me are departing for the celebration of aunt Tilga. We have packed right after yesterday's dinner, well mostly Higgy packed himself because as I didn't had the chance to bring many things from the previous era. During yesterday dinner we decided to depart early in the morning as Higgy intended that we travel by his little beauty, which means that the trip will be quite looooong. Hopefully we will arrive to Tilga's place today? After checking the map and calculating the quickest way and distance to Coldir it should take us approximately 10 hours, of course I had to add also the time needed for water refuelling of Higgy's beauty. According to my calculations we would need to refill the tank only two times and Targo from the Steamworks has advised me. To check where and what water Higgy refills, if we are to get to Coldir. "Yawn, eh? You're already up Aldo? Don't tell me you had trouble sleeping here?" Good morning Higgy." "Good morning." "Oh no, no. It's that I simply can't get used to the different time zone." "I almost forgot, sorry Aldo. So are you ready for the trip?" "I hope so? By the way Higgy why are we departing today when the celebration party is tomorrow, or is it not?" "Sure is, but we wouldn't get there in time tomorrow, and you know Tilga her celebration takes the whole day, as usually. That's why we will depart today and stay overnight at her place." "Well if that's the plan then why not, but does aunt Tilga know we are going to be staying overnight?" "Dont worry Aldo I think we'll find an empty room in her house, or? Heh, heh." Higgy has laughed and so I decided I'd rather do the same, even though I am not quite sure what was so funny. "Also as I know our family everyone will already be there before we even get to Coldir." "Yeah that's right." "OKay but let's not waste time, I'll better go check on my sleeping beauty. I want to make sure she is ready for the long trip." Well to be honest it wouldn't have to be long if we use a quicker way of transport. "Oh, Aldo can you please go see Lissey, she said she'll prepare something good for our trip, and while you're at it she also wanted to say goodbye before we leave for Coldir as you were saying that you will be boarding a plane from the local airport after the celebrations are over." "Sure. I also wanted to say goodbye and thank her for all she has done for us." I just hope she is awake. I wouldn't want to wake her up. As I was nearing her house I heard that the steam generator was on and running which could mean only one thing. Knock, knock ... "Lissey? It's me Aldo." "Give me a sec Aldo I'll be right there. Good morning." "Good morning Lissey."

"Come in Aldo I'm just preparing the meal for your trip, hopefully you'll like it." "Well I can tell by the smell, that I definitely will. By the way Lissey__" "Yes? Huh? What's with the serious face. Did something happen?" "No don't worry; I would just want to thank you for all you have done for us during my stay and especially for all your help and cooking you are doing for Higgy." "Eh, you don't have to ..." "No, I am very grateful and I know that Higgy will be in good hands till you're here with him. Also I don't have to worry about him starving to death." "Well, I don't know what to say, ..., eh ..." After this, one could see Lissey getting all red on her face while searching for the right words. This only confirmed that she felt something towards Higgy, you lucky bastard you don't even have a clue what great treasure lies near you, or do you? "Hello, is anyone home?" "That must be Higgy." "Don't worry Lissey I'll go let him in. " "Okey." "So Higgy everything Ok from the technical part?" "Well it seems that everything is functioning as it should." "Good morning Higgy" "Good morning Lissey." "Hope you still have time for breakfast, or should I pack it up for your trip?" "Oh you dont have to worry about us Lissey, we'll probably have something on the way." "Are you trying to tell me that you would prefer someone else's food before my homemade meals, eh Higgy?"