Chapter 1.2: The First Encounter with the Unknown

From the looks of it the bunkers exit leads into a cave system, which means that I will first need to get through it to see some sky and maybe a sun or two. For now my best option is to just follow that unknown scent and maybe with a bit of luck it will lead me outside. As I was leaving my resting place behind, the bunker lights seemed to be fading away behind my back and my surrounding slowly started to get darker and darker, that's when I decided to use some of my energy and activate the elemental sticks to lighten the way before me. ... Ok, it seems this will do for now.

Just so that you would know I also used a smaller might wave when exiting my resting place to be sure that I won't be running into something powerful or dangerous, and only after the signal came back without any signs of danger, I ventured forward into the dark cave. Allow me to explain, the Might Wave functions almost like sonar. First of all the caster readies his energy and then releases it sending a wave forward at best only smaller but intense one that cannot affect your surroundings. Once it returns the caster absorbs it back sensing any living being's energy. By the way from the one that returned I could only feel some smaller types of lizards and spiders. So luckily nothing I should be worried about. Hmm, to be honest I still find it a bit strange that this cave system and the bunker it holds were not discovered; especially when I consider that it already must have come to the so called phase of "Great Colonization". All of a sudden the scent started to get stronger and I began to feel a refreshing breeze coming towards me. I walked ... and walked, when the cave walls started to get filled with strangely glowing blue mushrooms, but there is nothing to worry about as my SimBio armour didn't detect any signs of poisons or negative effects coming from these unusual mushrooms. They remind me of the ones I got to see in the previous era, if I do recall right, they were called Schionidi. Although when I think about it now the Schionidi were a bit larger and had a two part, divided stalk, which helped them hang from the walls caves and similar darker humid places. After a while I had to activate the elemental sticks to get some light. The longer I walked the less of the glowing mushrooms were hanging from the wall. Could this mean that I was finally nearing the exit from the cave? Unfotunetly it took a bit m,ore time till I found the exit as it was covered by several roots and moss. Huh?! Oh, now I get it. A closer look revealed that the exit is not only covered by roots and moss but also a quite strong camouflage curtain that seems to be connected to the energy source of the bunker. This also explains why no one was able to find this cave system and I was able to get such a long and undisturbed sleep. After I got through the camouflaged exit I recorded it on my communicator as I was not sure if I would find any other safe and warm place to stay during my stay here. Please note that one can also log specific geographical coordinates and other important positions or places.

Ok, by the looks of it I have woken up during night time. The sky was clear and I could finally see the great starry sky once again. There are also two moons that are lighting up the night, although from the looks of it one belongs to another planetary system as it was further away than the first one. As there was enough light to see the surrounding I could finally put back the elemental stick lighting my path . After a more thorough look I could see a small beaten path from afar. Seems that this planet is inhabited by living beings who have went through this same road several times and that could only mean that they have to be at least a bit civilized.

I was kind of glad, even though I didn't know if they were the friendlier or the "not so" friendlier type of species. Of course my main interest is in their current technological level as I would like to vanish into the vast Intergalaxes without leaving any trace and for that I need first of all a ship capable of entering the atmosphere. The main reason why want to vanish without a trace is that the H.I.S. won't leave me be after they find out that I awakened, especially if I consider that they had to go through quite a lot to give me a second chance. Honestly I can imagine they have "certain" plans with me as their words mentioned they would like to have me back, which means in other words, we gave you a second chance and this comes with a price. But first things first I should activate the shadowing mode, which enables me to move unseen. At least if I won't stumble upon anyone with a more advanced technology that could detect this mode. Well now that I think about it more thoroughly the H.I.S. would not have had a bunker like that built on a planet inhabited by beings capable of discovering it and the technology it holds, in at least a couple of millennia's. After a while the road started to connect to a small river which could explain the dampness I felt in the cave system. Ok, I have to admit that I am a bit excited to find out what beings inhabit this planet. I would also like to find out if they can help me out with a transport device or a ship that the H.I.S. didn't bother to provide. Oh, there seems to be some light coming from afar could it be? ... Nope, it is just a well-lighted and by the looks of it also titled road. From a closer look I can say that lighting is not very primitive, as it is powered by an electrical power source. After a more thorough inspection I found some cables that were coming from underground but the architectural style of this lighting was totally unknown to me. Great, after some time the road divides, now what? One leads North-west through a stone bridge and vanishes behind the tree covered hill. The other twists to a valley in the south. The small river also leads to the south and flows into a lake that is surrounded by stone monoliths and a few smaller rocks.