Chapter 1.3: A Warm Welcome from Charcis

I can finally see the city and its surroundings. It seems that now is the best time to take a few pictures of the different parts of the city and in the meanwhile I can also try to describe it a bit. The city is divided into four parts, the central area and three other parts connected to it by bridges. In the main area one can see a large square with many market stalls. The main square is made up of many two to three floor buildings and only a handful of taller buildings. There is one building that is unlike the other ones. The larger building I am talking about is situated one street away from the market square. It's only a guess, but I think it serves as the city centre. The city is surrounded from east by smaller hills and a mountain range that can be seen in the background. The houses located on the far eastern part of the city are sheltered by one of the larger hills which forms a roof above them. On this larger hill one can see houses, windmills and a small runway with a tree floor building which pretty much looks like control tower. Unfortunately, I can see only two smaller hangars. From the size of the hangars I would say they house up to two or three smaller planes. Guess today's not my lucky day after all. The river that divides the three city districts runs to the west where it joins a large lake. One of the two western parts of the city consists also of a dockyard. The northern district has several farms with larger, fenced fields that are used for growing crops. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that we are currently nearing the city from the southeast road. Ok, time to take a picture of the stone tablet that welcomes everyone entering the town. ... There we go ... It reads Charcis which seems to be the name of the city. Now that I know the name of the city it's time for me to check on which of the two planets left Charcis is, just need to quietly input the name of the town into my communicator. Being: "Were almost home just a few more turns. I am so hungry after the long road but at least it was worth it. To think how much money I'll get for those Cherms and that big and utmost beautiful Vraszian Gillbus I caught later in the evening." To be honest I don't have even the slightest idea what he's talking about. By the way I just checked and Charcis is located on the planet Vrasz Seris. To be more accurate it's located in the south-western area of the Greis continent. The city is surrounded from the south and west by steppe's, from the north-west by smaller swamps, from north-east by a mountain region and from east by hills and the border of its neighbouring continent Vardius Trebis.

On our way through the streets of Charcis I could see only a handful of these Humanoid animal beings, called Vraszians but no wonder as were in the middle of the night and everyone is probably fast asleep. Hmm, we just passed around a building that pretty much looked like the local Tavern, at least I think so as there were several of these furry beings sitting outside drinking and listening to the violin and banjo type of music that was coming from inside the building. Now that I think of it, it might not be so easy to mingle with the crowd, as there still wasn't a single being that would resemble a human at least a bit. On the way through the sleeping Charcis I have seen many signs hanging from the buildings, for example: Clothing store at Loindra's, Mr Basil's music wares, Leisin's flowers and herbs, Szidgy's Honeybell, Targo's Steamworks. Oh, by the way we already passed through the second bridge and are heading into the western part of the town.

All of a sudden  the buildings started to have more and more space between them which can only mean that we are slowly getting to the furthest corner of Charcis. Being: "We're here. Finally, home sweet home." We passed through a corner to the right and stopped before the beings house. It was a humble one floor house, with steel frames on its corners to support the whole structure of the building. It has an angled roof and there are two windows underneath the higher part of roof, which makes me wonder if the building doesn't have a second floor, maybe a rooftop room. The windows on the building were mostly made out of wood with steel frames and a glass type of material, which from a closer look revealed a slight yellow tone of the glass material. The house had also a small garden surrounded by a meter high iron fence which was quite rusty on several spots. In the garden one could see several types of herbs and weed and something that resembled your everyday pumpkin. There is also a big iron closet attached to the building, and this is not the only building that has this large closet attached to it, as I have seen this on quite a few smaller buildings on our way here. To be honest from all those cables coming out from it, I can only assume that this is the main generator for the house. Being "I just hope I can get at least a few hours of calm sleep before sunrise. This reminds me I shouldn't travel so far at least not until I get you fixed, what do you say?" From the looks of it he is talking to his truck? Ok, I better get down before he comes to unload all of these crates, or not? Suddenly he went towards the front door of the house and opened them with the keyring that was hanging from the side of his belt. Afterwards he put a wooden stick underneath the door to keep it from closing and was heading towards the back of the truck. I should rather step aside and see what he's up to. The being started to unload the crates. Being: "Well I'll better take the  crates  inside, to make sure that nothing happens to the Vraszian Gilbus and Cherms ." After these words he came close to the wooden crate he knocked on it a few times, and I am not quite sure how but the wooden crate started to float. Hmm, but how come? The sensors didn't reveal any type of magic, or power. Can't say that I am not interested to find out how he did that trick, but I simply don't want to blow my cover. Looks like now is my time to get inside as he just came for another crate. Just so that you would know I am definitely not one of those types that sneaks into other beings houses while invisible or cloaked. It's just that, I would like to get some look around and gather some inspiration from what Vraszians usually wear or use. Wou, I better move and quickly as he kicked away the wooden stick from underneath the door ,while moving the crate inside, and the door started to slowly close.