CHAPTER SIX

Hermione went to the bathroom feeling the joys of getting herself ready. She was also quite excited to dazzle Draco again when she would walk down the stairs. She took her time getting her eyeliner just right. She put her favorite shade of lipstick on and twisted up her hair into a black claw clip.

When she was finished in the bathroom, she walked across the hall to her bedroom to pick out her outfit. She looked through her dresses to find the perfect one. After a while of debating she found it. It was absolutely perfect. She pulled an emerald spaghetti strapped dress from her closet. She pulled it over her head and it hugged her curves perfectly. She felt the silkiness of it as she flattened the fabric across her small stomach.

She put on a pair of black boots and the same leather jacket she wore the night before. She was overwhelmed with confidence as she checked herself out in the mirror. She was proud of her new style. She laughed as she felt like she belonged in Slytherin in her green dress. Draco would love it.

Hermione grabbed her handbag and shoved her wand into it. She realized how useful it had become. She walked down the stairs to find Draco already waiting for her. He held out a hand to help her down the last few steps.

"You look brilliant." Draco never knew he would like that color on her so much. She smiled and noticed he was dressed in a dark green sweater that complimented his complexion. He wore black pants and black converse sneakers. The sight of him all dressed up made her weak.

"We match!" she exclaimed as she touched his arm. He laughed and walked her to the car.

"I thought they would have taken it."

"Ever since Harry learned how to apparate, he hasn't found it very useful." Hermione slid into the passenger seat and pulled down her dress that had gotten bunched up. Draco started the car and they headed into town. He found it hard to resist putting his hand on her bare thigh. He drove to a different pub than the last one they went to. Hermione told him she liked this one better. She was prone to get more free drinks here.

They arrived at a small dive bar and saw the neon lights that read "The Golden Rose". The conversations grew quieter once they walked in. Everyone stared at Hermione as she made her way to the bar. They both sat down on a stool and ordered drinks. Hermione got a vodka soda and Draco ordered a scotch on the rocks. Hermione drank hers as fast as she could and ordered another. She couldn't wait to get smashed. It had only been a day but it felt like an eternity.

Draco tried to ignore the feeling that he was encouraging her. He would love to see her clean and sober. Maybe then he could make a move without worrying about it being a mistake. He watched her down her second one before asking for a third. He hadn't even taken a second sip. Hermione wiped her mouth and set her cup down.

"Drink with me" she said, egging him on "It's my last night." She gave him puppy dog eyes and he felt his heart flutter. Why did she have to look so sexy? She could've asked him for a million galleons and he would've said yes. He threw back his drink and cringed at the taste. He quickly got over it and ordered another.

The two of them drank and talked for a couple hours. He focused on her pouty lips as she talked his ear off about politics. He didn't care for the subject but couldn't help but listen. Even when it was too loud for him to hear her, she still had his full attention.

The more he drank the harder it was to breathe next to her. All he could think about was sliding his hand up her thigh and feeling her under that dress. He had never felt urges like this before. He often thought about going to the bathroom to relieve himself. The more he stared at her the harder it got to control himself. He wanted to grab her. He wanted to take her right there on the bar. He didn't care who would watch. He finally got an opportunity when he heard a slow song play in the distance. He stood up and held out his hand.