CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Draco and Hermione spent the next few weeks packing and getting ready to move into their new home.They were excited to finally have a place that was all their own. Hermione was probably the most excited. She couldn't wait to get out of the manor. Everywhere she went was just a reminder of her torchure.

The house was a modern three story beach house. It was right on the coast. Even though it was secluded from the other houses in that area, it was only an hour from town. When they arrived Hermione was in awe. The house was a beautiful beige and had a wrap around balcony on the top floor. It was also massive. A little intimidating actually. It would take her weeks to find her way around. Draco opened the door for her and she dropped her bags. The entryway had a spiral staircase that led to the second floor. On her left was the living area and to her right was the dining room and kitchen. She felt like it was so big she could fly a broom in it.

Upstairs there were three bedrooms, each room was bigger than the last. The master bedroom had a long claw bathtub that Hermione couldn't wait to try out. She was imagining all the ways she could decorate the walls when Draco reminded her there was still one more floor. The staircase was steep like a ladder. She assumed it was just a large attic for storage.

After she climbed the stairs she realized it wasn't an attic at all. It was a library with every book imaginable. It reminded her of the cartoon she would watch with her mother when she was younger. It was about a girl who was imprisoned by a man who was cursed to be a hideous beast. The beast had to learn to love the girl in order to lift the curse.

She laughed as she compared it to her relationship with Draco.

"I had this done for you. I want you to be comfortable here. I want this to feel like home to you."

"You already feel like home to me." Hermione was so happy she could cry. This was the best gift she had ever received. She had to pinch herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

"I never would've thought I would love someone the way I love you. I've been numb for so long and you're the only one who has ever made me feel something. I know things are going to get bad again soon but until that happens we can escape here for a while."

Hermione looked out the window at the view. Draco went up and hugged her from behind. He moved a piece of her hair and kissed her neck. She turned around to face him. She was thinking about all the alone time they would get now. She grabbed the back of his head and kissed him passionately. The taste of him would never leave her lips again. She pulled away and looked deep into his eyes.

"I love you." It still felt weird saying it but she meant it. She meant it more than every time she has said the phrase before. Draco reached over to a record player and put the needle down. A slow song played as he grabbed her hand and pulled her to the middle of the room. He could dance with her forever and never get tired. She moved so weightlessly with him. He pictured their future together. She made him feel things he thought he wasn't capable of feeling. He found the one he would spend forever with. The girl who he hated a few years ago. It's crazy how things change.

To be continued...