Chapter 4

Arya sat perched against the counter as Peter was working on Sandman, chattering quietly with May. Arya's eyes shot up, her body stiffening when Peter stood straight, staring off into space.

"Peter?" Arya asked, pushing herself off the edge of the table.

Arya glances at Norman, who seemed to have noticed as well. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know..." He stated, his tone laced with nerves. "May? Something's definitely wrong. May comes down the stairs." 

"What is it, Peter?" May retorted, walking over to the boy. 

Arya tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, backing up slowly. Although Arya didn't have the boys spider-sense, she could definitely tell that something was wrong. Her suspicion didn't last long as Peter's hand shot out, a web flying from his hands and latching onto Norman.   

"Peter...What are you doing?" Arya asked the boy, nervously itching the back of her neck.

"That's some neat trick. That sense of yours." Norman exclaimed, his voice increasing an octave. 

"Norman?"

"Norman's on sabbatical, honey." he retorted, a devilish smile creeping onto his face. 

Arya glanced quickly from Peter to May, the trio sharing a look of concern.

"No more darker half? Did you really think that I'd let that happen?" The scientist says, a malicious laugh escaping his mouth. 

Arya stumbles lightly as she felt her arm being grabbed by May. Looking down, she noticed a small bag held in her hands. Arya looked up towards her, receiving a reassuring nod. 

Arya glanced up, Norman approaching Peter slowly, "I've watched you from deep behind Norman's cowardly eyes. Struggling to have everything you want. While the world tries to make you choose." 

Arya felt her breathing become heavier, nerves filling her senses. As the girl held May's hand, they slowly backed towards the door. 

"Gods don't have to choose."

"We take."

Peter looked quickly from the man to the two girls, shoving himself in front of them quickly, "May, Arya run!" 

Taking Arya's hand, May breaks for the door with the bag of cures. Arya chewed anxiously on her lip, nerves and doubts of Peter's safety filling her head. She was quickly ripped from her thoughts as she felt herself being dragged into the elevator.

"Everything will be okay" she reassured the girl, sensing her nervousness, "But for now we need to get out of here and get these cures to Peter."

...

Arya watched in horror as May ripped out of her grasp, running forward and stabbing the cure harshly into the man's neck. 

"You tried to fix me--" 

"May, go--" Peter choked out, his voice laced with pain. 

"Now... I'm gonna fix you." Norman exclaimed, the devilish tone creeping into his voice. 

Before either of the three could react, a whirring sound could be heard approaching the window. Arya fell to the ground as the windows abruptly shattered beside her, the machine just missing her before plowing into May.

"May!" she screamed, struggling to her feet before running over to the woman.

Arya quickly kneeled down before her, wiping the hair, blood, and sweat from her face. 

"May? May can you hear me?" She desperately begged the woman. 

"May? May, May, I'm here." Peter said, stumbling over to the woman. 

"Uh huh. Uh huh..." May chokes out before stumbling into Peter's arms.

"May?" Arya asked, her voice soft, tears clouding her vision.

"Yeah, you're okay. What happened?"

"...Just have to... just catch my breath," she said, trying more to reassure Peter than herself. 

"Okay, well catch your breath. I'm right here. We're gonna take our time, you catch your breath, and then we'll take you to a doctor, okay?"

Arya stepped back from the two, watching tearfully as the boy shared his final moments with the only family he had left. 

...

Leaving the apartment lobby, Arya had managed to lose peter in the rubble. She staggered outside, tears blurring her vision. She ran her hands through her hair, struggling to calm herself. She couldn't help but feel guilty for the woman's death, the machine had almost hit her, but instead, it hit May. She racked her brain for the reasons, why not me? It should have been me. 

Taking a deep breath, she decided her best bet was to head to Ned's house, as she knew that MJ and Ned were there. Arya knew it was time to shut this down, for Peters's sake. 

Arya knocked on his door softly, wiping the sweat off of her forehead. 

As the door slowly opened, Arya breathed heavily, "Arya, Oh my god what happened to you!?" MJ exclaimed, seeing her distraught and dirty state before she dragged the poor girl into the house.

"Where's Peter? What happened? Are you okay?"

Arya's eyes welled in tears as the events of the past hour filled her head. "I sure hope you have good news because I don't," She told the girl, her voice disheartened. 

MJ looked towards the girl, nodding slightly. "Well, I think we might, come to the kitchen" She retorted, grabbing the girl's hand before leading them to the kitchen.

Arya followed behind the girl, trying her best to clean off her shirt, which was currently covered in a mix of blood and dirt. When the couple arrived in the kitchen, Arya was stunned to meet a familiar face.

"Peter?"

...

AN

chapter 4! I know this chapter didn't have like any peter 3 but it was more of a developing the plot chapter but he'll be in it a lot next chapter!