Chapter 2 ~ Food Struggles

I let a low growl rumble out my throat as I was threw into an isolation cage after I was taken for a walk, more like a drag.

The guard left as soon as a guy with blonde hair and blue eyes entered.

All he said was, "So the infamous Quicksilver, Pietro Maximoff ends up here at a Military Base for a dog." He raised an eyebrow,"Good luck Maximoff, she's all yours, but she has a tendency to bite."

With that Pietro turned his attention back to me after the door swung shut.

"The world really does have it out for you, huh?" His voice was thick with some sort of accent but it was soothing and calm.

As he approached the cage I let out a growl jumping into a protective stance despite my injuries causing agreat amount of pain, I refused to show weakness to anyone.

Slowly, he sat down and simply said, "Sit"

Then I noticed he had my bowl of food in his mouth. I had played this game before. "Sit" And I knew exactly how to piss him off and give me my food.

"Sit!"

I slowly lowered my butt to the floor but instead of sitting I flopped down onto my stomach, laying down.

Pietro quickly caught on to what I was doing and said "lay down"

Instead pissing him off, I pissed myself up so I pulled myself up and sat.

Once again he repeated, "Sit"

I let out a loud huff and slowly backed away into the corner slightly whining as I began to chobble at the cage. NoM nOm NoM, oOh lAl AaA yummy.

Pietro simply stood up leaving me to eat the fence, without giving me my food.

This carried on for the next few days until he finally decided to slipped into my kennel.

I just simply let out a high pitched whine of hunger as he made his was toward me.

"Come on girl, you need to eat it's been three days, six meals that you've missed."

This time, Pietro sat down a few inches away from me. I hated strangers soo much but I'd do anything for food. I led and slowly, began thumping my tail on the floor.

He smiled at my actions and gently put his hand ontop of my head gently stroking my ears.

Pietro grabbed a handful of kibble into his hand and slowly but surely, started hand feeding me until all the food was gone.

A few days after, I was back at almost full health, although now and then I did have a bit of pain here and there in my movements but nothing to serious.

I saw Pietro making his way toward my cage. I didn't even register the red head girl next to him, as I pushed myself to stand up and wagged my tail.

I excitedly trotted my way over to Pietro as he came inside with his friend and began rifling my fur, hyping me up into a playful mood.

I began wagging my tail like there was no tomorrow, then I realised his friend.

My tail dropped almost immediately and I slowly backed up as my fur bristled, and my body stiffened.

My ears pinned to my head as I let out a growl as I was about to lunge at her until Pietro quickly sat on the floor in front of me. "Hey girl, shhh it's okay. Wanda is my sister, she won't hurt you. I promise."

I slowly relaxed my muscles and fall out my attacking position. I didn't lose composure completely just in case, Wanda was a bad person. I wouldn't let her hurt my Pietro.

Wanda steadily knelt down and outstretched her hand towards me and allowed me to sniff het.

I gently took a few steps and my cold nose brushed against her sweet smelling skin as I made sure she wasn't all evil.

I sneezed at the strong scent of her perfume, causing them to laugh at me.

Wanda slowly moved her other hand towards my side and began stroking me calmly.

I fully relaxed knowing that Wanda was a good person and not a baddie.

After a lot of strokes, I wagged my way back over to my corner, where I found it more comforting and span round a few times before gently resting my head on my paws.