Chapter 19 ~ Troubles of the night

I woke up, feeling Bucky twitch slightly. I knew he had like- these bad, bad dreams, and it prevented him from sleeping. I gently moved away from Steve, so I could make Bucky calm. I had heard something about the pressure on a person when they are hugged, calms them.

I pressed my legs against his chest, and rested my head in the middle, effectively hugging him. At first, he tensed up, but a moment after, he relaxed, before returning to his peaceful state.

I glanced up at the alarm, that read 4:22am. I huffed, deciding that I wouldn't get much sleep. And I was hungry, if that helped matters. Plus, I really needed to pee. I only have a small bladder, how can they expect me, to wait over 10 hours, before I can use the bathroom again, honestly.

I shifted, slowly creeping off my bed. To my unfortunate surprise, my claws clicked on the cold, wooden floorboards, that weren't a very decent surface, for a big fluffy german shepherd.

I crept forward, not really sure where I was taking myself. The floor behind me, created alerting me of someone's presence. I immediately engaged danger mode, just in case.

I glanced up, seeing Sam looking down at me. I calmed down, inching my tail from left to right slightly. As he got closer, my tail sped up, and increased from inches to alot, as I shifted my weight alot."Shhh, careful Tash you might wake them up." Sam whispered.

Sam passed me, gently and very quietly turning the handle on the door. He pulled it open barely, as both him and myself slipped through the small crack, and we plunged ourselves into a completely pitch black abyss. At least before in the room the moon shone, seeping through the curtains giving off some sort of light, whether as in the hall, it was completely a blind spot.

After a few minutes, of guiding Sam, crashing into walls and tables everywhere, we found the kitchen, where I walked into a cupboard, just as Sam walked into the countertop, doubling over in pain in an instant.

I mentally scoffed, wishing that people could've seen, the great bird man, walking into a countertop.

Sam made his way over to the back door, opening it up, for me to go do my business. He shut the door, allowing me to have privacy, as I darted over to a small patch of grass, near a tree.

After a few minutes, of standing outside in the cold dark of what is called the night, I heard a small howl. It sounded like wolf or a dog, but not just any wolf or dog, it was a baby pup.

My head shot up, just as Sam came running out, "Don't you even think about it," I glanced back at him apologetically, "Don't you dare."

Just as he finished, I darted off, into the abyss of the forest. I ran for a little while, before hearing the pup howl, knowing that I was far awayenough now, I let out a long, loud, and clear howl.

I signalled to the pup, that I was coming to find it, saving it. My training, and behaviour was amazing, but my maternal instincts were even better.

I looked around, before seeing a small ball of fluff curled up on the floor. I ran over, getting a good look at the pup. I realised, that it was a baby puppy, that looked like a rottweiler.

I gently nudged the crying pup, to make sure he was strong enough to walk

I gently nudged the crying pup, to make sure he was strong enough to walk. Seeing him lay there whimpering, made me feel sorry, and I felt sympathy for him. I carefully picked him up, trotting back towards the house.

It would take me 5 minutes if I kept at this pace, but I couldn't take to long, so I kept a steady pace, slowly speeding up, until I was veryyyyy, fast.

After about 2 minutes, I saw a very freaked-out looking Sam. I saw his face, drop back in to relaxing, before his face contorted, expressing his confusion. A sudden feeling of protectiveness, affected my kind-ish nature, as I heard the puppy whine.

Sam immediately shot over, gently taking the pup and rushing inside, gesturing for me to follow him. Which I obliged to, as he had the pup in his hands, that I had now claimed as my own.

Sam grabbed a small bottle, and put milk in it. He started to feed my pup, before turning back to me, "Y'know, everyone's gonna be pissed at you right? Let me tell you why. First of all, you scared the child, and you scared the rest of us. Second of all, you ran off. Third of all, you came back near 2am or something ridiculous like that. Fourth of all, you woke me up, so you could go to the toilet, which I get fair enough, buttt you decided to run off. Fifth of all, you cane back with a fucking puppy. Sixth of all, it seems, that you've clearly adopted this pup as your own, because your looking me up and down like I'm a fucking tart. And seventh of all, by the looks of it you aren't going to let anyone touch your pup." By the end of it, Sam looked pissed, and suprissse guess who woke up... Bucky.

Bucky appeared, literally just as Sam started talking, and he had a giant smirk across his face. After Sam saw Bucky, Sam started, "What?"

"Oh nothin' just listenin' to ya rantin' to the dog." Bucky stated, with his Brooklyn accent in his voice slightly, as he had just woken up.

Sam set the puppy down, "Hey, you little rat," Sam paused, accusing me of being a little rat, "I've come up with a great name for that pup."

Bucky looked at him with a questioning look.

"Barlow"

I whined, slapping my paw on my face, running away with the puppy in my mouth.

.

.

.

It had been a whole day, since I found the pup, and we were all sat outside in the sun. I was led on my bed, with my puppy, curled against my side.

I heard someone say, "Hey, hey, hey, we need to name the little guy." After nods of agreement, they all started with name suggestions.

After a while, of throwing names round, I heard one name in particular, that caught my attention, and the my puppy's. After seeing us, Tony said, "Max it is then." He said with a nod.

" He said with a nod