18.

I stepped out of the room filled with music, smell of cigarettes, sweat, alcohol and people, on the cold air. The balcony I had just stepped out on was quite big, but no one was to be seen on it. I let out a sight, the party was quite overwhelming, I wasn't exactly used to it, beside I had lost Mikasa as I stayed at the bar and she was talking to someone I didn't know. That wasn't unusual, I just had seen a few familiar faces, the others were all strangers. I dug through my pockets, looking for cigarettes and a lighter. I found the cigs, but no lighter. I let out a groan. I really needed one to calm my nerves. Then I remembered the drink in my other hand and took a sip of it. Sadly the cold air did make me sober up already again, that didn't exactly help with being nervous and uncomfy. I drank the whole cup in one slurp and put it next to me to the ground. I heard the door swing open and someone step on the balcony. „Just the person I was looking for", I heard a familiar voice say. I was surprised to hear Erens voice behind me. Didn't Armin say they'd stay there until Sunday, what's up with everyone leaving earlier. I wondered but chose to ignore it. Eren Must have noticed the cigarette in my hand because he handed me a lighter. „Thanks", I whispered and lighted up the cigarette, taking a drag. „You said, you were looking for me", I turned my head in his direction, giving him a curious look. He was leaning at the railing, smoking a cigarette himself. „Mikasa is looking for you", he informed me and I nodded, though I didn't move.

Suddenly I remembered him threatening me in the group chat, he was pretty different in real life, but we all were. As I finished smoking and I still didn't leave to look for Mikasa Eren finally turned to look at me. „Aren't you going to look after her?" he asked, he sounded annoyed, almost threatening. I shrugged. „Well if you tell me where she is", his face turned in one of irritation, but then he noticed that he didn't tell me were she was, he sighed. „She's at the bar, at least that's where I saw her last", I nodded and gave him back the lighter, Well I tried to, he didn't accept it and told me to keep it. I cracked a weird smile and turned around, stepping back into the filled room.

I spotted Mikasa sitting at the bar, she seemed kinda drunk, but I wasn't the one to judge, I finally felt the alcohol, of the drink I had just drunk, having its effect on me and I started to feel dizzy. „Mikasa", I called out as I had approached her, she turned around to look at me, a smirk on her face as she saw me. She patted the seat next to her and I sat down. I watched her stretching out her hand to cup my cheek, I flinched at the sudden touch. „You're so cute", she muttered and I felt my face burning up. Curse you alcohol! And with that I ordered another drink, either I would be so drunk that I could pass out or not drunk at all, but that weird thing before, I hated it, I was really awkward.

——

„I think you had enough to drink", I told Mikasa and motioned the barkeeper to not give her another drink, he nodded. I was drunk myself, but I really was scared that Mikasa would pass out onto the counter. She looked at me with glassy eyes, while taking away the cig I had between my lips. I exhaled the smoke and turned to snatch it back. I pouted as she stub it out on the counter. „I wanted to smoke that", I grumbled and felt again how she cupped my cheek, grabbing my chin and pulling me closer. I was too surprised by the sudden closeness, so I wasn't able to say something as she inches even closer. The sudden rush of different emotions was sobering me up again and I backed away, Mikasa fell over from the sudden movement, facepalming in my lap. „You're drunk, I don't want this if you're drunk", I mumbled and pulled her up, taking a look at the clock while doing so and I gasped, it was already three in the morning. I didn't planned on staying any longer, So I stood up, pulling Mikasa to her feet and dragged her to the wardrobe, to get our clothes. Despise the fact that I was dizzy myself and it was difficult for me to walk straight as well, I still somehow managed to lead Mikasa to the wardrobe without any incident. I grabbed our stuff and we left.