Forever Vigilant

Notes:Beloved superhero dies while defending city, identity revealed, is later resurrected but doesn't remember anything, must rediscover his powers

Notes:
Beloved superhero dies while defending city, identity revealed, is later resurrected but doesn't remember anything, must rediscover his powers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid_light

Flynn Baylard - Vigilance (aka McMuscles)

Beginning: someone anonymously sends a tape of Vigilance that's aired in the news saying his true identity, revealing his true face and his motives, and the last part about entrusting this video to someone with specific instructions to release it if something were to happen that resulted in his untimely demise.

City name - KeyPoint city

Vigilance's Powers:
Invisibility
Photon blasts
Solid light
Transportation via light (skating)
Illusions

***

He opened his eyes for the first time in what felt like years. It was dark, the stars shown brighter wherever he was than he had ever known they could. He took his first breath, it was shaky and uncertain like his body had forgotten how. The quiet sounds of the night drifted into his senses. The slight shaking of the branches in the wind, the howl of a wolf in the distance, the silence, the stillness.

He took his second breath, it was less shaky and though this air was crisp and clean in his nose, it felt rather stale in his lungs. The warmth of the earth beneath him seeped into his cold skin, there was a comfort to the sensation like nothing he had ever experienced.

He took his third breath, it was becoming a familiar sensation that he thought less and less about as he became more accustomed to it. His eyes drifted and there above him was the moon, it's unearthly glow brighter than all the stars in the sky, somehow warm and comforting even from such a distance. He wondered at all it must have seen as a watchful guardian of all the night, how lonely it must be resigned to rule the skies alone. Somehow he was familiar with the feeling though he couldn't remember why he might know it.

He knew he needed to get up and the moon gave him the motivation he needed, but first he had to check if he still had the capability. His fingers twitched, letting him know that he was still capable of some form of movement. He did a full body check to see if his body was all still there and working. He was in perfect working order, except for a weakness he wasn't accustomed to.

It was probably foolish to try and get up, the better option would be to consolidate his strength, but he did it anyway, knowing that he couldn't stay there. He moved his hands closer to his torso and tried pushing himself into a sitting position. His muscles strained hard, painfully so, and managed to get him halfway there before failing. He managed to catch himself on his elbows, but even such a simple task was difficult and taxing.

He pushed off one elbow to roll over onto the other side, thinking that it would be easier to get up from there. It was significantly more manageable to hold himself up from his front as he regained his strength. The moonlight sank beneath his skin, infusing with his weak muscles, and giving him the energy to push himself to his feet. His vision swam as he got used to standing, unsteady as he was, it was a wonder he managed to remain upright at all.