The Game of Life

Description:

Description:

There's only one word in a dictionary of millions to describe the Dark Queen: Ruthless - having or showing no pity or compassion for others. The epitome of her personality.

Only the strongest survives, she knows this like no other person ever will. Her enemies have been trying to weaken her for years, it's never worked, on the contrary, she's only gotten stronger. Even the police are too afraid to encroach on her chosen battleground, commonly referred to as the Chess Board but the Light King may just be the one to threaten the mighty empire she built off the bones of her father.

"Yeah, so, I'm not allowed to do that. You see, I'm Ruthless von Murderer and I'm supposed to rob you, I'm in the middle of it and kinda can't stop now so just don't ask me to. Got it?"

***

I shadowed my father, never too close or too far away. Just within reach if he should need me. I was ordered to keep hidden, just in case things went bad. No one should suspected my presence, that was my job, keep my father safe without letting anyone know I was there. I let my fingers brush the gun at my hip, checking it was still securely in place.

I already knew that his business partners were going to take what they wanted, kill my father, and leave as if they didn't just kill one of the most powerful men in the criminal underworld. Of course, I didn't tell him that. He thought he could trust his business partners. He was a fool.

I took the gun out of my belt and checked my rounds. Eight bullets. I wouldn't need half of them. Of course, I couldn't just kill them once they entered the building. I'd have to wait for the last second, so that father could see the gun, know just how close to death he became, then save his pathetic ass once again.

I think it was time I moved on from this pathetic excuse for existence. Always at his beck and call, more of a bodyguard than a daughter. I deserved better, I wanted it all. Only way to get that is to take it, that was something he inadvertently taught me. But first, I'd need a plan and I'd need to put it in motion too.

As I thought about this, I aimed my gun and fired at the correct time. Effectively saving my father yet again. Next time, I might just not be around to save him—or I might miss.

That was when I started to build my empire.

A year later, I was ready to take over the family business. And when I say take over, I most definitely mean the hostile kind.

***

Nope, you're not going to intimidate me Mr. Pig, I got rules and poker face is a big one. "So what are we supposed to call you if you won't give us a name?" They've been going at this for almost a half hour now, still haven't spoken a word. If they used my kinda methods, I'd be singing by now but it's illegal for them to do, so they can't. Ha, rule followers, don't they know that rule breakers have the most fun? I certainly do anyway.