Chapter two

-Iguro Obanai-

It had been 2 weeks since Iguro was sent to the L/n Estate.. he had made a quick recovery, but wasn't allowed to leave until he was fully able to.

"Obanai.. You will be able to leave tomorrow, but you can't take any missions until March 25th!" Y/n told the Serpent Hashira.

"Uh, okay?"

"Once you're discharged, you'll be able to go to the Butterfly Estate for rehabilitation.. unless you'd like to do that here.." Y/n trailed off shyly. Blood began rushing to his cheeks. He wanted the black haired male to stay a little longer, of course, he'd never openly admit it.

Y/n stared at his fingers as they were intertwined with each other, not daring to look up at the Hashira.

"I-I can stay a while longer?" Iguro asked shyly, the tips of his ears were glowing red.

"Yes.. We have the proper equipment and people to help you with regaining your strength; both mental and physically speaking." Y/n noted. He surely had grown attacked to the black haired individual. As did Iguro.

"What good does it do you if I stay?" Iguro asked in a soft, yet, angry tone. His eyebrows were knitted together, he was scowling at the other teen.

"Well, I have grown quite attached to you." Y/n admitted with a cocky grin, "Of course, you don't need to stay, but I would appreciate it if you did." The h/c sighed. He was trying to guilt Iguro into staying, and was successful!

Iguro rolled his eyes, "You're persistence is annoying. But I'll stay... Only for a couple days."

"Of course~!" Y/n sang. "Thank you so much, I promise to help you recover completely!" Y/n bowed and left the room giddily.

Iguro sweatdropped as the older male skipped out of the room happily. "What a nuisance."

///

"Dinner is-is here, M-Mister Obanai." Ami stuttered, her cheeks were bright pink from anxiety that began stering up inside her chest. This would be her second time giving food to the sour Hashira, she was nervous nonetheless. From their last interaction, all she could muster was a simple "here is food" and then she ran away. She was scared of those who had higher ranks than her, she felt weak around them.

Iguro stared at the girl as she shakily handed him a plate of a fancy looking soup that Y/n had previously prepared.

"Where's Y/n?" Iguro harshly asked, startling the poor girl.

"H-He's busy taking care of other patients, he will come w-when-when he's free." Ami bowed awkwardly as she held back the tears that were swelling.

"Oh." Was all that Iguro ushered before waving his hand to dismiss the younger girl. "Could this nervous reck really be Y/n's assistant?" The male thought, "No way, she's too awkward for him.. unless.. Nevermind, thinking will get me nowhere."

With that, Iguro unwrapped the bandages that covered the lower part of his jaw and began eating the fancy soup.

///

"Obanai~! I'm coming in, alright?" Y/n said from the other side of the paper door.

"Okay." Iguro mumbled. The door flew open and Y/n came running into the room, bouncing up and down excitedly, almost like a toddler.