Chapter fifteen

-1st person pov-

Iguro.. the first, and last, person I had fallen in love with, was currently fighting along side other corps members.

I was nervous, my heart was pounding, I was shaking. He could get very injured or worse. I don't want him to die.. I wanna live the rest of our lives together.

I tended to either dead or heavily injured people that served the corps, it was immensely stressful. People were dying all over the place.. A crow shouted something along the lines of Kocho Shinobu dying.

I grit my teeth in anger as I patched up wounded demon slayer. Iguro better not die. If that little shit dies.. I'll kill him when we are reincarnated!

///
-before-

"KAW KAW, DOCTORS AND NURSES OF THE L/N ESTATE, PLEASE GO TO HEADQUARTERS!! MUZAN HAS ATTACKED!"

A black crow screamed from outside of my Estate. I gathered the staff and we rushed to DSHC. We found out the master and his wife died, leaving their four children to take care of everything.

"Master.. what if one of us get attacked by a demon?" Someone asked.

"Try your best to kill it? I don't fucking know." I spat. "Just don't let yourself die yet, you all have a job to complete."

"That's a little harsh.." Ami whispered.

"Now is not the time to be complaining, get to work and help out as much as you can."

///
-a couple hours into the fight-

"KAW KAW, KOCHO SHINOBU IS DEAD!" A crow screamed.

"Shit.." You sighed underneath your breath. The man underneath your hands was begging for forgiveness and sobbing, "Please allow me to go to heaven, god!"

You looked down at the man apathetically. Your eyes held no light, things had to be this way, for now anyhow.

///
-more hours later-

"Everything's gone quiet.. is Muzan dead..?" Ami asked, looking towards you for answers.

"I hope so." You breathed out.

"Help over here, Master L/n!" A kakushi demanded, waving her hand around. "A lot of the Hashira don't look too good.." She was on top of a hill, you couldn't see who she was attempting to help.

You ran over to her, praying that it wasn't Iguro.

The woman that laid on her was none other than Kanroji Mitsuri, her arms were ripped off.. she looked terrible.

"Kanroji.."

"L/n?" She questioned, she weakly attempted to smile. "Can you listen to my last words.. please?"

You stared sadly at the dying woman, "of course." You gently wrapped your haori around her shoulders.

Tears began falling from her emerald eyes, "My mother and little brother.. were expecting me to be home soon.. I won't make it to see them.. please tell them.. that I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough."