Chapter nineteen

A few weeks after Iguro and you had gotten married, you were going to go to your childhood home.

You guys had just arrived to the town you were born and raised in.

"Iguro.. may.. maybe w-we shouldn't.." You shook, breathing heavily.

"We are already here, might as well show me around. We don't have to see your parents." He told, patting your back to help calm you down.

"Right.. there's no way they'll see me. Coincidence or not, they totally won't recognize me, I look completely different from the last time I saw them.."

"Right, so show me around." Iguro reminded.

///

You showed him to a small restaurant that you used to eat at. Ordering the same food you used too.

"Oh my, are you L/n Y/n?" the waitress asked, her eyes widened with surprise.

"Erm.. who is that?" You played off. "I'm afraid that isn't me."

"Oh.. sorry! You looked so familiar. He hasn't been here in over seven years haha!" The waitress waved off. She went away to get your food.

"Nice save." Iguro laughed.

"Shut up. She would of told my parents that I'm here."

"You have not been here for seven years?" Iguro asked.

"Yeah.. I left home to work when I was 15 haha." You shrugged. "Doesn't matter anymore."

"Right.."

///

Once y'all finished your lunch, you showed Iguro a couple shops and bought him random gifts.

"This is fun!" You exclaimed, entering an indoor store. Iguro excused himself to find a bathroom, leaving your side.

"Y/n?" A feminine voice asked with surprise.

"Y/n?" Two masculine voices echoed.

You recognized the familiar voices. You froze, tensing up, your eyes widening. You didn't dare look up from the ground.

"Look, he can't even move." The woman whispered, "he looks so scared, look at him!"

"Are you sure that's him?" A male voice asked.

"Obviously it's him, look at how scared he is." The other man laughed.

The three approached you. You looked up from the ground, staring at the tall woman that strutted towards you.

You took a couple steps backwards.

"Y/n! My son, we missed you dearly. Why haven't you visited?" She asked, offended. You couldn't speak, you began shaking, all of the painful memories that she had caused came flooding back, you wanted to puke.

"Y/n. Speak when spoken to. Gosh, it's like you forgot basic social standards." Your mom spat, her e/c eyes staring into your own.