07. Lay Your Hands On Me.

I didn’t know when I came back to my consciousness but I just felt the vehicle I was in, move harshly.  My first instinct was to fight against the restraints against me but an advanced part of my brain wanted to know where I was and how many people were there in the vehicle before trying anything else. 

          So, I just did that.

         I was half sprawled on the seat with my back to the door and I could feel a hand clamping down on one of my knees to keep me on the seat.  The car was silent that I couldn’t even tell how many of my capturers were there. 

        I couldn’t think about anything other than escaping.  I didn’t want to think about why I was being kidnapped and why the people in the van were so silent. 

       Were they watching me?  My skin prickled with unease. 

         I tried to get hold of my surrounding.  With the pressure around my eyes, I knew I was blindfolded without even opening my eyes; I could feel my hands tied together behind my back, which was a little painful as my shoulder blades were digging uncomfortably against the door.

         The only thing that was easily available for me was my legs as they were not bound in any type of way other than the hand.

       I tried to calm my breathing and started planning my escape, which was useless in this running vehicle anyway.  Fortunately, I seemed to be fully clothed. 

          Suddenly, the hand around my knee tightened and I involuntarily squirmed out of the hold.  It seemed to alert my kidnappers of my state.

          “Beta, I think she’s awake.”  The guy near me spoke and I could feel the tension in the vehicle upping a level. 

           There was some rustling in front of me and a hand clamped around my jaw and practically pulled me up from my seat.

           “Leave me!”  I spat and used my core strength to get out from the strong hands.  Fuck, it hurt. 

           “Double the dosage.”  The guy in the front seat commanded in a mellow tone, like drugging girls and kidnapping them is not new to him.  I went cold.  “She shouldn’t have woken up before we reached our territory.  Do it before Xandros knows of this and chews your head off.”

            “On it, Beta.”  The guy beside me suddenly sounded meek, and I guarantee that he would look nowhere near meek with a hand like those, they enveloped my leg, so, the only thing is, that he doesn’t want to be at the bad end of this Xandros guy.

           I started sweating and wanted to shout out for help, but I knew it would be useless with no people around.  And even if there were people around me, these guys could incapacitate me within a heartbeat.

          The vehicle moved more slowly with frequent jerks showing me that we were not on a concrete road anymore.  I could just open the door and fall outside and crush myself in the moving vehicle or I could stay here in the car with my kidnappers and let them do whatever they are going to do to me when they enter their ‘territory’, which sounded more like the mafia than mafia themselves. 

         Fuck my life, I would be the only one who would get kidnapped in a motel room and be sold or trafficked to people. 

       I heard the guy beside me move and I knew it was time to act.  I chose the one, I would die a gruesome death.
Hey, maybe, I won’t.  The car was not moving fast and if I could tumble away from the wheels in time and run blindly with no sight and still escape with some scratches, maybe I would be lucky.