12. Smelling like him.

I hiked up my tattered jacket which was on the verge of falling off my shoulders and looked back to see who called me by my name. 

         “Cara?”  I asked as she made her way to me with a big smile on her face.  Unfortunately, I couldn’t return it. 

        “Good morning!  I see you have been finally released from your jail.”  She said jokingly as she nodded at the guard behind me before coming to stand at my side.

          “Looks like it,”  I said seriously and saw her face fall a little.

        Even though I felt guilty about plummeting her good mood, I couldn’t feel anything but resentment.  Her brother basically locked me up in a room where he could have convenient access to me all the time and she just left me there without any remorse. 

        She was his sister, she could have told him not to terrorize me but I still remembered her reaction to the hickey on my neck the day before.  She was happy, ecstatic even.

          Did they enjoy kidnapping unassuming girls and glee in their sufferings?

        I stepped back when she started to reach out to touch my hand.  She frowned but then sniffed a little and looked up at me sharply before gazing down at my now hidden hickeys, with my hair. 

Her eyes searched mine but I just stood there motionless.

Now, away from the temptation, I felt rattled and chilled to my bones.  Even if I enjoyed what he did to me there, I didn’t know if I gave my consent or not.  I felt used but to my embarrassment, it felt good.  But that doesn’t mean he can touch me without my will. 

        I could think now that I was far away from his glowing eyes and the burn in my body when he was near me.  It felt like he bewitched me into bad magic and I was stuck with these new feelings, forever.   

          Her eyes glowed just like her brother’s but only for a fraction of a second and it was somehow lighter than his.  Her eyes hardened when I shifted nervously.  Was everyone a ‘werewolf’ here?

           “I am sorry for whatever he did, Sylvia.”  Her voice was soft but her eyes were hardened like she was angry and the glow came and went out again.  “I didn’t think he would force a woman, but I think he finally came to that too.”

        I realized that she was angry at her brother.  For me.  Something in me loosened at that.  Maybe I was wrong in judging everyone just by one person’s actions. 

         “It’s okay,”  I said lowly but she seemed to hear it perfectly. 

          “It is not.”  She turned to the guard and spat something so fast that I couldn’t understand before she was marching back to the way where we came from. 

          I looked at her back until the guard told me to move forward.  With a few more twists and turns, it seemed like we finally reached the place.  I could hear talking, shouting, and laughing.  Everything was loud. 

I stepped back before we could enter, the guard stopping behind me.  I looked down at myself self-consciously and removed the now tattered jacket and rolled it.  I tried to make it resemble a scarf before placing it on my neck.

         I released a sigh of breath when it completely covered the red bruising hickey.  But now the scars from the wolf’s claws were prominent but I wouldn’t be able to do anything about it now. 

         I felt self-conscious about my lack of clothing as I tugged my tube top a little higher.  I looked like a fool standing there with my bare feet, fidgeting like a pregnant woman with a man behind me, fully dressed in black and better dressed than me.