Assembling a Team: Part 2.

I forgot to mention this earlier, but just in case anyone was wondering what Batman universe this takes place in, it doesn't really take place in a set, and solid universe. It's more of a combination of different Batman universes that I chose.

Here's what I chose to combine for my own Batman universe in this story.

• Batman the animated series (1992).
• The New Batman Adventures (1997).
• Batman Beyond (1999).
• The Batman (2004).
• Batman: Arkham video game series (2009, 2011, 2013, 2015).

I'll be leaving what incarnation of Batman I'll be using in the story as a surprise. I have an epic chapter planned for when he makes himself known in the story, and it involves my OC that I added in this universe.

Ok, let's continue where we left off.

...

Tremorton, Carbunkle household...

Melody had returned to Brad's house after finishing another assignment from one of her 'clients'.

She already knew that she would smell like a bonfire after each job, and, Brad and Tuck, are aware of the lingering scent that she brings with her. When asked, she'd tell them that it's because of her job at a smelting plant. They seemed to buy it, but she's not entirely sure if they're fully aware of what her actual job is.

To anyone else who's still sane, her supposed job in a more accurate light is what people call criminal, and illegal.

But to her, it's her passion.

When she first discovered this new passion of hers, she couldn't help but be mesmerized with it. There was just something about it that made her feel joyful. She wasn't sure what it was about it, but it just clicked with her.

She loves it... she craves it... she's OBSESSED with it!

Melody, wishes she could tell, Brad and Tuck, the truth, but she's afraid of how they'll react. Especially Brad.

If you already couldn't tell, she's still in love with him.

Despite seeing his fearful reaction to her berserk state during her fight with Jenny, Melody was surprised to hear that he still has feelings for her when she came to see him again.

She was also surprised to see his little brother as a humanoid crocodile.

Anyways, Melody was heartbroken when, Brad, told her that their parents abandoned them sometime after, Tuck's, mutation began. She decided to help them pay the bills to the best of her abilities. Brad said he and his brother didn't want to burden her with their problems, but Melody insisted, and the rest is history.

She knocked on the door, and waited for a reply.

Once the door opened, she's greeted by the smiling face of her boyfriend.

"Hey, Melody!" Brad greeted.

"Hey, Brad!" Melody greeted back as they hugged each other.

"So how was work?" Brad asked as he let her inside.

"Same as usual. But I still enjoyed every minute of it." Melody said as she walked into the living room.

"Is that so?" A familiar female voice said.

Melody froze in fear when she heard that voice.

She turned to see, Jenny Wakeman, sitting in a chair by the couch where, Tuck, is still sitting.

"Hey, Mel." Tuck greeted.

"Hey, Tuck." Melody greeted back. "NOW WHAT THE HECK IS SHE DOING HERE?!" Melody practically screeched in a panic.